Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Live Axle Rear Wheel Spacer Width

Post Thanks / Like

Live Axle Rear Wheel Spacer Width

I'm considering 25 mm rear wheel spacers for my Gen 3 Type 65 with an SN95 live axle - wondering if anyone has that setup. It looks like IRS guys are using 25 mm; I'm not sure about the difference in width between IRS and live axle. It'd be easier to deal with 35 mm (no need to trim studs) but it seems like that might be too wide. Thoughts/experience/ideas appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Why not just get wheels with a proper backspacing to work with the hub positions? I don't mind spacers for minor clearance issues, but when you start getting into 1"+ widths, I would go back to the wheels. A lot of wheel manufacturers will make you a wheel with a custom backspace.
    There are 10 types of people in this world;
    those who understand binary and those who don't.

My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reply, Papa. I'm sorry but my question wasn't worded very well. I should have included - I'm using the FFR provided Halibrand replica wheels with recommended backspacing, 17” X 9” Front and 17” X 10.5” rear. I really like the wheels and have tires mounted on them already. The current look and fit are acceptable; no interference or rubbing but I think it would look better with a slightly wider track.