BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Tommy D's Coupe

Post Thanks / Like

Tommy D's Coupe

Friday I picked up a Coupe kit at FFR for Tommy D. We are excited by this build as it will be our first foray into the world of supercharged coyote power. We will also be incorporating our new power window solution.

While visiting FFR I was able to spend some quality time with Dave S and his team. They are the best and have exiting products on the horizon. While I was talking with Dave, Nate and his team loaded two complete kits into my trailer. All I had to do was to drive away. They are the best.

Chris@Forma
    Chris

2. Likes FF33rod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Going to share progress of the build as you go along? I know you've built a few things but it seems the forum could always use more
    Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe builder

Post Thanks / Like
    We are planning on posting several times a week. Target delivery date is Second week of January. Lots to do.
    Tommy is right on schedule making decisions. I've posted these elsewhere, but here is a peek at our electric windows. 190918 Driver Side -1 (sm).jpg190918 Driver Side -2 (sm).jpg190918 Driver Side -3 (sm).jpg190918 Driver Side -4 (sm).jpg190918 Driver Side -5 (sm).jpg190918 Driver Side -6 (sm).jpg
    Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    We couldn't find a window regulator that would fit in our space constraints so we are building our own. Major pieces of the will be 3D printed on our new printer in Nylon 12. Custom circuit board will provide pinch protection as well as one touch up/down. 80497-1 (sm).jpg
    Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Our build process is a bit different that what FFR recommends. This is driven by scheduling. Our target for building a car is 90 Days although we may go beyond that on this one as we have a lot of pieces that are quite new in that we have never done them before and for that matter in the case of the functional windows neither has anyone else. Our fastest build to date was 82 days. Because of our accelerated build schedule, our first step after inventorying the kit is to Fit and mount the body to the chassis. With the body on the chassis the assembly goes to body work (2 weeks). Following this we will be fitting the side windows to the body and immediately following that the body comes off and goes on the body buck for paint.

Today we painted the sample plaques for Tommy and I have to admit when I was told pearl white with blue and orange stripes, I was not imagining that I would like it. After we shot the sample plaques, I was pleasantly surprised. I'm sure the picture does not do this justice, but it is quite pretty. Attachment 115379
    This will ship to Tommy tomorrow for approval or tweaking. Colors are Hyundai White Crystal Ivory, Ford Gright Atlantic Blue Metalic and Toyota Hot Lava Orange.
    Tim picked out a great combination. We only have two weeks to get colors finalized by Tommy to stay on schedule. Next task for me is to develop a recommended
    Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    just realized my last attachment didn't come through.2019-10-03 11.05.35 (sm).jpg
    Chris