Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Running a Throttle Cable on your GTM?

Post Thanks / Like

Running a Throttle Cable on your GTM?

Long story short: One of my customers decided to run a FiTech EFI system on his GTM:

https://fitechefi.com/products/70003/

There is no option for Fly-By-Wire throttle body here....cable operation is the only option. If anyone else decides to go down this road, I have developed a bracket and some minor mods that allow you to transform your current FBW donor throttle pedal to work the throttle cable for this FiTech Throttle Body. I know this seems like it should be a pretty straight-forward and simple thing to do....but I can assure you that there it a LOT more to it than you might think. I have not decided for sure on pricing yet, but if you decide to go this route, I have all of the design work and geometry already done for you here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv7EQT0Qkc8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOOvvnlzvsw
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you think your cable would work for my 818? Of course, I could make my own brackets, but I need a cable that will last. How long is the cable?

Post Thanks / Like
    The whole thing is designed to fit the GTM footwell alum and work with the C5 Corvette donor throttle pedal and the FiTech throttle body.....so I would doubt that it would be a direct fit into an 818. I bought a Lokar throttle cable that was 10' long so I knew for sure I'd have plenty to work with. Once I got the cable cut down to the proper length to fit, it is around 8' long now.

Here's the biggest issue......if you try using an aftermarket "universal" throttle pedal, they're all designed to pull the cable from front to rear. This would require you to run the cable out the front of the firewall and then loop the cable around 180 and run it to the back of the car. This sets up a TON of resistance in the cable as it binds/rubs against the loop you had to make to run it to the rear of the car. That, and the cable would have ended up being about 14' long instead of 8 feet.
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts