Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: COBRAEARL Four Years with Pancreatic Cancer

Post Thanks / Like

COBRAEARL Four Years with Pancreatic Cancer

Many of the Old Timers know me as a previous parts supplier. Builder of FFR 2362 and prolific poster to the two previous forums.

TODAY, September 30, 2019 is my Four Year Aniversary of being diagnosed with Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer. Would not be anything to celebrate EXCEPT, IM STILL ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And, quite frankly doing pretty good for a 71 year old OLD MAN willing to do about anything to hang out with a group of SUPER NURSES every two weeks.

TOMORROW, I start my 93rd round of Chemo. That’s Folfirinox plus the experimental Drug CPI613. The doctors tell me to keep doing it as long as I can stand to do it. (GOOGLE CPI613) (GOOGLE Rafael Pharmaceuticals)

LAST Friday I had My 24th MRI and 25th CT Scan. No results yet but the last 3 years these scans have been CLEAR.

ITS BEEN FOUR GREAT YEARS…….

Nothing changes your attitude like being told BASICALLY, you gonna die and pretty soon.

As many of you have read, I was in a PHASE One study of our drug combination. 20 of us at only one hospital. 4 or 5 lived about 3 years. (UNHEARD OF). One of us is still alive afte 5 years and 3 months. AND IM STILL ALIVE. 4 and 5 years on chemo alone is ABSOLUTELY UNHEARD OF….

THE GREAT NEWS!!!!! Our drug combo is now in a PHASE THREE study. Many hospitals WORLD WIDE…. Hopefully, some time in 2020, it will get approved by the FDA.

IF YOU KNOW of anyone needing info on pancreatic cancer give them my special email address: [email protected].

By the way, in those 4 years, I’ve gotten to watch my 3 grandkids get 4 years older.
    Had a 50th wedding anniversary last Christmas
    Went to Disney World Twice,
    Yellow Stone,
    Key West,
    Burning Man 3 times,
    Toronto a dozen times,
    We have put 70,000 Miles on our Class B Camper,
    Bought a small Condo at Carolina Beach last fall,
    My Son Got Married at 45, back in June (I stood as his Best Man)
    AND HIS WIFE is PREGNANT with my Second Grand Son… (this one will have my last name... )

It has been Four Great Years. I Hope for 30 more and Hope to see THOUSANDS of Pancreatic Cancer Patients have the same Great Life after diagnosis that I’ve had. Hopefully, two years from now Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer will not be considered a Death Sentence.

People tell me to have a good day.... I TELL THEM: "EVERY DAY IS A GOOD DAY"!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by cobraearl; 09-30-2019 at 09:40 PM.

2. Thanks CNIdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow Earl, just wow! You are living a blessed life. So happy for you, your family and all the others you and your Docs are helping.
    Keep on keeping on.

Post Thanks / Like
    So happy that things are going as they are for you! It was a gut punch to hear of your diagnosis, but praise God for your success!

Nathan
    MKIV Complete Kit: 3-link, vintage gauges, glove-box dash, chrome roll bars, 17" wheels, B/T leather seats, Gas-N side pipes and headers; Drive train: Levy 408w w/carb, TKO600, Moser 8.8 with 3.55s and GT rear brakes; Paint: Jeff Miller Ford Magnetic Grey Metallic with BMW Titan Silver stripes
    Ordered: 4/5/16, Order completion: 5/14/16, Delivered: 5/24/16, First start: 6/22/19, Registered and legal: 10/28/19

Post Thanks / Like
    That's fantastic Earl! It's great that you are paving the way for a new treatment to help others!
    MKIV Roadster - #9380 - Complete Kit - Delivered 7/17/18 - SOLD 5/2023
    Build Thread #1: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...V-Build-Thread
    MKIV Roadster - #TBD - Complete Kit - Delivered 11/6/23 - In Progress
    Build Thread #2: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...Build-Thread-2

Post Thanks / Like
    Good news Earl. I'm glad you're still around too.
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    Wonderfull news earl !!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Once again my old friend, I'm so happy that your treatments have had such tremendous success! It's a better world with you in it!

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    You’re a walking miracle Earl! Many more blessings ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by cobraearl View Post
    Many of the Old Timers know me as a previous parts supplier. Builder of FFR 2362 and prolific poster to the two previous forums.

TODAY, September 30, 2019 is my Four Year Aniversary of being diagnosed with Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer. Would not be anything to celebrate EXCEPT, IM STILL ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And, quite frankly doing pretty good for a 71 year old OLD MAN willing to do about anything to hang out with a group of SUPER NURSES every two weeks.

TOMORROW, I start my 93rd round of Chemo. That’s Folfirinox plus the experimental Drug CPI613. The doctors tell me to keep doing it as long as I can stand to do it. (GOOGLE CPI613) (GOOGLE Rafael Pharmaceuticals)

LAST Friday I had My 24th MRI and 25th CT Scan. No results yet but the last 3 years these scans have been CLEAR.

ITS BEEN FOUR GREAT YEARS…….

Nothing changes your attitude like being told BASICALLY, you gonna die and pretty soon.

As many of you have read, I was in a PHASE One study of our drug combination. 20 of us at only one hospital. 4 or 5 lived about 3 years. (UNHEARD OF). One of us is still alive afte 5 years and 3 months. AND IM STILL ALIVE. 4 and 5 years on chemo alone is ABSOLUTELY UNHEARD OF….

THE GREAT NEWS!!!!! Our drug combo is now in a PHASE THREE study. Many hospitals WORLD WIDE…. Hopefully, some time in 2020, it will get approved by the FDA.

IF YOU KNOW of anyone needing info on pancreatic cancer give them my special email address: [email protected].

By the way, in those 4 years, I’ve gotten to watch my 3 grandkids get 4 years older.
    Had a 50th wedding anniversary last Christmas
    Went to Disney World Twice,
    Yellow Stone,
    Key West,
    Burning Man 3 times,
    Toronto a dozen times,
    We have put 70,000 Miles on our Class B Camper,
    Bought a small Condo at Carolina Beach last fall,
    My Son Got Married at 45, back in June (I stood as his Best Man)
    AND HIS WIFE is PREGNANT with my Second Grand Son… (this one will have my last name... )

It has been Four Great Years. I Hope for 30 more and Hope to see THOUSANDS of Pancreatic Cancer Patients have the same Great Life after diagnosis that I’ve had. Hopefully, two years from now Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer will not be considered a Death Sentence.

People tell me to have a good day.... I TELL THEM: "EVERY DAY IS A GOOD DAY"!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Great news! Stick around a few more years!
    FFR MK4 #8317, 393 Cleveland, Lunati VooDoo solid roller, CHI 3V heads and intake, TKO 600, Std roadster seats, 8.8 3.55 diff, 17" Halibrand replica wheels, Ford "Magnetic Metallic", silver ghost stripe. (Sold 10/16/21)

Average Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is awesome news for sure, especially for those diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Glad that you are still around to share your story and enjoying life!

Garry
    I sure miss my coupe!

F5R1004503SP 2004 Challenge Car, 331 Stroker

Coupe # 031, 422" Windsor stroker by Southern Automotive (Dash autographed by Peter Brock)***SOLD***
    Unique 427 Roadster, 482" Aluminum FE by Southern Automotive***SOLD***

Post Thanks / Like
    Great news Earl, keep up the fight.
    Walt
    FFR8237 Donor build 89 GT , MK 4 , T5 , 17 " hallibrands 9" front 10.5 rear ,4×4 headers stainless mufflers, dual chrome roll bars, coil overs all 4,A/C and heater , soft top, 3:55 gears.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! Great news Earl. Hang in there and stay tough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
    Chuck Krueger
    MK4 Kit - Picked up 4/5/14, Complete Kit, 3-Link, Wilwood upgrade, Coyote, TKO 500, First Start 7/25/15
    2000 C5
    2003 C5 Z06
    2007 C5 Z06

Post Thanks / Like
    Great news, Earl. Keep on truckin...
    ---Boyd---
    MkIV #9042 build thread
    www.boss427.us
    427W, TKO600, Moser 3.55 rear.
    Delivered Feb 2017, Graduated Nov 4, 2019

Post Thanks / Like
    Great News Earl

Post Thanks / Like
    Great News Earl. You are in our prayers

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope your grandkids get to watch you get really old!
    2017 FFR MK4 9026, 3 Link, 15" FFR halibrands, cooper cobra tires, '88 302/5.0, GT40 Y303 heads, Performer RPM intake Manifold, Holley 650 DP Carb, Pertronix distributor, T5Z spec built transmission, 3.73 rear end. Ordered Nov 2016, picked up at FFR Feb 2017, first start July 2017, Legal on the road May 2018, still in Gelcoat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Earl,

Simply wonderful!

Your updates always brighten my day!

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I Am Glad To Hear That You Are Still Here!

Keep Living & Loving Every Day You Are With Us!

Keep Fighting, Fighting & Fighting!
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 10-02-2019 at 12:37 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Earl,

I couldn't be happier for you, congratulations!

I am sure you don't remember me, but you spent time with me and my son at the Autofair in Charlotte in 2002 and convinced me to buy the Cobra kit, plus we've seen you at a few Whitby Christmas parties.

All the best, and continued success in battling cancer!
    Steve K
    FFR 3906

Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely Amazing, is all I can think of. What a blessing you were chosen to be involved in the trial.

The fact that your scans have been clear for three years already, means the initial treatments took effect in an incredibly short time. You'd think that, would be reason enough to make this treatment available to the public sooner, then later. It may benefit thousands more.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have long maintained that ME and my Buddy David (patient #5) Should be able to appear before the FDA and IMMEDIATELY GET APPROVAL...…. No, they got to FUK around for years and months while THOUSANDS that might be saved OR have their life extended by many months don't get the drug....

WHAT HAVE THESES STAGE FOUR PEOPLE GOT TO LOSE...….. 99% will be gone in about 3 years. A high percentage will be gone in just months....

Its public record that 61% of our 20 study participants had a complete response or a partial response to the drug. SIXTY ONE PERCENT...

BTW, Tuesday, got the word on my latest scans..... ALL CLEAR, just like the previous 3 years. And, my cancer marker was WAY BELOW normal. Just like the last three years.

ALL IS WELL, FOR THIS LUCKY, PC PATIENT.
    Last edited by cobraearl; 10-02-2019 at 05:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Amazing story.

Choppin onions over here. Onions.

X

Post Thanks / Like
    Love you brother....Keep livin the full life....YOU DA MAN !

Post Thanks / Like
    Earl...may you be blessed with many more years and many more grandkids to spoil....the real job of old people

Post Thanks / Like
    You da man, Earl.
    Lady she and I are so excited about your continued progress.

Maybe we can have an Old Timers gathering at VIR next spring....drink "clear" stuff and tell lies.
    PHILLIP, They call the wind MARIAH.
    "Against all enemies, foreign and domestic"
    Marines lend an air of dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl. FFR#3175, Wimbledon/Guardsman, 302 Carb, CobraEarl's Footbox & Touring Trunk, Snapless Tonneau Cover, fabricated Luggage Rack, Whitby Hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    It made my day to read this. Hang in there!

Post Thanks / Like
    God bless you. Keep on driving healthy and knock out those odds!... Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    While we've never met, your story is very inspiring and I'm sure would really help others in a similar situation. Wishing you many more years of enjoyment. Best Regards, Paul
    MK4 20th Anniversary Roadster #8692 - #9 of 20
    Purchased Aug 2015 - Street Legal July 2019
    Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...ry-MK4-9-of-20

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes Earl I do remember you from the origins of FFR …. I'm sorry to hear about this and am sending prayers …… Mike