FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: MKIV kit pickup

Post Thanks / Like

MKIV kit pickup

For those of you who have picked up your kit at FF, what would you recommend for trailer requirements? I have a 16' enclosed trailer. Is that sufficient?

Thanks,
    David

Post Thanks / Like
    I used a 16' uhaul for a complete kit tight but worked

Post Thanks / Like
    I used a 16’ enclosed and my Tacoma with a cap. Base kit plus lots of options. Filled the back of the truck and a couple boxes in the trailer. As long as your tow vehicle has some room you should be good. Bring some blankets to put down so you don’t scratch the frame and lots of tie downs.
    2017 FFR MK4 9026, 3 Link, 15" FFR halibrands, cooper cobra tires, '88 302/5.0, GT40 Y303 heads, Performer RPM intake Manifold, Holley 650 DP Carb, Pertronix distributor, T5Z spec built transmission, 3.73 rear end. Ordered Nov 2016, picked up at FFR Feb 2017, first start July 2017, Legal on the road May 2018, still in Gelcoat.

Post Thanks / Like
    16' enclosed trailer should be no problem even with a tow vehicle with limited room. You can pack a bunch of stuff in the cockpit of the car, under the hood and under the rear trunk lid. Careful packing and it will all fit no problem.
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    FYI: If you pick it up now you have to pay sales tax on it. I considered picking up mine and taking a tour of FFR, but having to pay sales tax kinda nixed that...
    Stewart Transportation charged me a $1500 flat fee for deliveries to GA.
    25th Anniversary Roadster #12 of 25
    Gen 3 Coyote
    TKO 600 mid-shift

Car

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by delta0014 View Post
    FYI: If you pick it up now you have to pay sales tax on it. I considered picking up mine and taking a tour of FFR, but having to pay sales tax kinda nixed that...
    Stewart Transportation charged me a $1500 flat fee for deliveries to GA.
    I'm not following your thinking on this. You'll eventually have to pay Georgia sales tax when you register, right? At that time they'll credit you for what you paid in Massachusetts.

Jeff

7. Likes Aircontroller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kleiner View Post
    I'm not following your thinking on this. You'll eventually have to pay Georgia sales tax when you register, right? At that time they'll credit you for what you paid in Massachusetts.

Jeff
    I wasn’t sure how it would all work either, but GA sales tax is cheaper then MA sales tax.
    Either way, it’s thousands of dollars that you can pay later instead of now. Wouldn’t of saved me much picking it up, I just wanted an excuse to take a tour of FFR.
    25th Anniversary Roadster #12 of 25
    Gen 3 Coyote
    TKO 600 mid-shift

Car

Post Thanks / Like
    When I picked up my kit in February I was not charged sales tax. I know I will be paying when I reg the car in NY

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ponymedic View Post
    When I picked up my kit in February I was not charged sales tax. I know I will be paying when I reg the car in NY
    Interesting. I picked up my kit in August and was charged 6.25% MA sales tax which will be credited against my taxes due when I title the car.

OP - a 16' truck should work fine. I went with a 22' truck as I was picking up a coyote and transmission combo from FFR at the same time and 16' would have been too tight.
    Last edited by Traveller; 10-06-2019 at 07:54 AM.
    MK4 Complete Kit #9673 | Ordered: 08/07/2019 | Pickup: 08/24/2019
    Gen 2 Coyote, TKO600, IRS, Power Steering, 18" Halibrands, Kirkey Vintage Race Seats, Gas-N Headers and Pipes
    Build Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...IRS-Build-9673