Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Power Steering hose routing

Post Thanks / Like

Power Steering hose routing

Using FFR PS rack on stock 302 pump, how did you all run the lines ? Pump on drivers side

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Use 150 degree bend fittings at the rack to send the hoses directly back to the pump. Braided stainless teflon for the supply and pushlock for the return. Breeze can set you up.
    www.breezeautomotive.com 2005 FFR Mk3 Roadster, 302/340hp, MassFlo EFI, Breeze Pulleys, T5, Aluminum Flywheel, 3-link rear with Torsen Diff and 3.27:1 gears, Power Steering, Breeze Front Sway Bar, SN-95 Spindles with outboard SAI Mod, Breeze Battery Mount, QA1 Externally Adjustable Shocks, Quick Release Steering Wheel, Vintage Race seats, GM Arctic White, Sky Blue Scoop, Hidden Hinges, Billet Aluminum Side-view Mirrors, 2,183lbs wet. 1967 Mustang Fastback, Dark Moss Green, black interior, '67 14" styled steel wheels, 2000 Explorer 302 w 5.0 Cam, Quickfuel 450 CFM, 289 Hi-Po Dual exhaust, C4, lowering springs w Shelby drop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Save yourself a lot of grief; do away with the formed OEM hoses and just call Mark at Breeze. I use his Teflon hose and fittings on every car I build and have recommend the same to many others. Easy, clean and works (just like all of his stuff!).

Jeff

4. Likes Aircontroller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Power steering pic.jpg

Here's my set up. Braided lines from the pump to the rack, and the rack to the cooler(re-used and bend to fit the space). Then a regular line from the cooler to the pump.

HTH,

John
    Finished the "My Coupe, my way" project.

http://s956.photobucket.com/albums/ae46/jdcoupe1969/
    Coupe #386,17" Team III 245 FR 315 RR, 3-link, T5, 4 wheel disk, power brakes/steering. Sniper EFI
    First start Sept. 18 2013 First go kart Sept 19 2013