Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Need dash height help

Post Thanks / Like

Need dash height help

If seating in the seat above the steering wheel how much of the body blocks the view above the roll bar?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Brd.Prey View Post
    If seating in the seat above the steering wheel how much of the body blocks the view above the roll bar?
    Try your question again. Not sure I understand.
    This is Mike and Mitch. Both seat are Kirkeys mounted directly to the floor cross bars. Mitch is 5'6" (my guess) Mike is 6'3.

Last edited by Bob_n_Cincy; 10-02-2019 at 02:44 PM.
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess what I am really asking is, if you measured from the floor what is higher. The front roll bar or does the hood end up higher? I am designing a dash, I do not want the gage hump to block any view so I want it even with the whatever is tallest structure in front of me. I have the windshield mounted but I do not have the fenders and hood on. I am guessing the hood is higher than that forward rollbar by an inch or so. But I am not sure. In the picture above if you could look through Mitches dash you would see the bottom of his windshield as the highest structure from his point of view. I think. But my R has the baby plastic curve. The rollbar and the bottom of the window are actually same height. Like on the old Trans Am's the hood went way up above the bottom of the windshield. So high they could completely hide the wipers under it. I'm asking if that is what I will have when I get the hood on.

Post Thanks / Like
    To try and answer your question:

R windshield mount (fiberglass semi-circle) sits on top of front roll bar. Dash sits on top of windshield mount. I think the lip of the hood comes up slightly over the windshield mount and dash. Of course, its in front of the windshield and the dash is behind it. In the video/pic above, you can see the white hood slightly over the dash through the windshield.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    It really depends on where/how you have the seat mounted and how tall you are, I am 5'8" and sat really low in my car, low enough that I was looking through the R windscreen in a handful of places here at NCM. On track I never even noticed the dash hump while driving.
    https://youtu.be/GLQtllO3KAE
    Last edited by Mitch Wright; 10-02-2019 at 03:43 PM.