FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hi from Las Vegas

Post Thanks / Like

Hi from Las Vegas

Hi
    My name is Alex and the AC Cobra has been my dream car since I was 12 and first saw the movie The Gumball Rally. I’m hoping to pull the trigger and get a MK4 kit in the next few years. I recently moved to Vegas. Joined the forum hopefully to meet some other local Cobra lovers and learn some build tricks

Post Thanks / Like
    Alex, welcome to the forum. Come down to Twin Peaks (9510 S Eastern Ave) on Sat morning and there will be a few F5 cars there. It is a weekly event. I attend every once in a while but there are a few guys that are there each time.
    MK IV Build #9659, 3 link, 17's, Forte 347, Sniper EFI, power steering, built for a freak sized person with 17" Kirkey Vintage seats, RT drop trunk, RT turn signal, lots of stuff from Breeze Automotive, Wilwood brakes, paint by Jeff Miller

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum
    99/2000 NASA PSO Champion-2005 west coast FFR challenge series Champions
    Sponsor Tony B's 2007 ST2 National Championship
    2009 NASA TTC runner up-2010 NASA TTB runner up

Post Thanks / Like
    Very cool will try and hit Twin Peaks first sat I don’t have to work. Thx

Post Thanks / Like
    What is the timeframe on Saturdays?

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Alex, welcome to the local Las Vegas Cobra group . . . not officially a "club" but we hang together every Saturday morning from 7:00 until about 10:00 at the Sansone Center on Eastern, just south of the 215 freeway. Turn into the Sansone Center at the light at Richmar. We park in front of the Twin Peaks Bar. Normally there are five of us, sometimes more, sometimes less - with a collection of F5 cars, Backdraft, Pacific Roadsters, Superformance and assorted others of unknown origin . . . If the right guys show up, you'll get to meet a few that are in the process of building right now, so you will get plenty of your questions answered.

See ya on [any] Saturday

Doc
    FFR3712K (MKII) in Lost Wages Nevada.
    5.0 w/tubular GT-40 EFI, E303 cam, Custom 4 into 4 headers, T5, 3-Link 3.73 rear. Full F5 tubular suspension. Drop Butt mod, Dash forward mod, custom foot box air vents, custom turn signal system. 13" PBR brakes, Fiero E-Brake mod, Flaming River 18:1 rack w/ F5 bump steer kit on Breeze bushings. 17" Chrome Cobra "R's" w/ 275 fronts and 315 rears. MKIV seats. FORD Royal Blue w/ Arctic White stripes.