These Videos came out just in time for me. Sure I had already read up on the forums about the idiosyncrasies of the MkIV body and especially the dirty little secrets from Jeff Kleiner on how to get the drivers side door lined up and the trunklid lower section using the Jack studs.

After making sure the Body was in place and the windscreen was installed, I adjusted the doors Trunk and hood to be evenly centered in the opening as close as possible and adjusted as flush with the body as possible (all at the same time). I used a 3/16 wide black marker and went over the edges of each panel, removed the panel, then trimmed the black line off using my battery powered 4" angle grinder with a 220grit "flap disk" oh boy, does it take off the edge fast. A light touch is all that is needed using this method. Anyway, get the gaps roughed in and the front edge of the doors, hood and trunk lid beveled inwards. I sanded the gaps straight by hand with some 220 grit sandpaper wrapped around a paint stick. I'm pretty happy about it now. of course this is just the beginning. lots more sanding to do and filler to spread...repeat.

Now where are those video's from FFR about adjusting the hood and trunklid?