Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  9

Thread: It Started 2 October 2019. RBachman build in Coastal South Carolina

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool It Started 2 October 2019. RBachman build in Coastal South Carolina

Well, I don't know if I should thank ya'll for helping me decide on a FFR Cobra or blame you guys for the money I'm spending. LOL The Mike Forte built engine arrived yesterday, so I think my build is officially started (Thanks Mike!!!). The car won't get to me until Monday, maybe Sunday if I'm fortunate and the brakes arrived several weeks ago. Still no word on wheels and tires, though. The new garage is all but completed with overhead lighting & electrical wrapping up tomorrow, and plumbing & doors next week. I have shelving to put together this weekend and will set the air compressor myself. I just ordered a lot of clecos and other miscellaneous supplies. My list for Breeze, FF Metals, Etc. is almost complete. So here we go....................

Just some pics of the Mike Forte engine build (Thanks again, Mike!!! A pleasure doing business with you!).
    It's a Dart block 347 with some Edelbrock tossed in. No carburetor, but a Fitech 600 EFI., tranny is the typical TKO 600 w/mid shift kit, throttle linkage, power steering pump and AC. There's a lot more, but it gets confusing, LOL. Actually, the advice, education and discussions with Mike were invaluable. He really took his time and made sure I got exactly what I needed for my goals on the build. Not only for the engine, but sound and experienced advice on other aspects also. Thanks again, Mike!!!

Anyway, here are some engine pics. The local laws require we keep wild beasts contained, so it'll live in its crate for a few more months while its new home is getting ready. (LOL)

IMG_2642.jpg
    IMG_2643.jpg
    IMG_2644.jpg
    IMG_2645.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RBachman; 10-03-2019 at 01:52 PM.
    FFR MKIV ordered 12 July 2019. IRS, Wilwood Brakes, 18" Wheels w/MT tires, power steering, EFI, Heat. 347 Dart w/TKO-600 by Mike Forte, Holley FI, MSD coil and CD box. All new, no donor build.