Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Premium Top - mirror questions

Post Thanks / Like

Premium Top - mirror questions

I have been using the premium top over the summer. Very nice piece of art! It has quarter windows which really helps for lane changes etc. but I still find I need to improve my line of sight to the side and rear.

Two questions:
    1) When the windows are in, the border of the window blocks the passenger mirror. Wondering what others have used for mirrors with the top/windows?

2) My rear view mirror is mounted on the dash. The border of the rear window also blocks the majority of the view from the mirror. Has anyone tried the windshield mount mirror with the top?

Thanks in advance,

Geoff
    Last edited by Geoff H; 10-04-2019 at 10:51 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I installed the Ford home link mirror with the mounting block glued at the top of the windshield. It has the compass, outside temp, and self dimming features as well as the garage door opener. The rear view is higher and sees through the rear window of the top just fine. My outside mirrors are attached to the windshield posts so no obstructions there with the side windows. I customized some motorcycle mirrors for those.
    King
    Roadster #8127, ordered 7/12/13, received 9/11/13
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...4-Coyote-Build

Post Thanks / Like
    My top was made before they offered the quarter windows, so lane changes could get exciting. The Breeze mirrors solved that problem. For rear view over the luggage bag, I got a parts store mirror and screwed the mounting plate upside down on the top header and swapped the Allen set screw for a thumb screw, I just put it on when the top goes on. The view shakes a bit, but it gets the job done

John
    FFR #7388 - Mk 4 Complete Kit w/ IRS, Ordered 10/21/10, Delivered 12/8/10. 302 with FiTech and Under Car Exhaust, Heat & A/C, Rod Top. Hard top and shop built side curtains added 2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks King! I just finished spending two fantastic hours going through your build thread - amazing confidence and craftsmanship! Your car is a work of art! Thanks for the ideas for the the side and rear view mirror. Had not considered motorcycle mirrors so that opens the mirror options right up for me. I have the windshield frame mounted bullets so I could use the mount I have in place which would make the windows easier to install vs working around a mirror on the inside of the wind-wing. Had considered these as well: https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Speed...rror,1228.html .

Good to know John. I wasn't sure if the breeze mirrors would interfere with the windows. Are they easy enough to zip in with the mirror? Getting in/out is always an interpretive dance with the windows in place. Ican do it with the front snaps in place and sipper undone. How does it work for you with the mirror in place?. Good idea with the rear view mirror - that would be quick to install or take off.

Thanks again!
    Geoff
    Last edited by Geoff H; 10-05-2019 at 12:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Geoff
    I have a windshield mount mirror from my Coupe that I did not use and taking up space in the basement, yours if you want it just let me know
    David W
    Mkll 4874 built in 2004
    Gen 3 coupe #16 registered 2018 painted 2019

6. Thanks BLUE KNIGHT thanked for this post
    Likes BLUE KNIGHT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks David! Sounds good - I will be in touch. Too bad the drive did not work out today, I was looking forward to it!

Geoff