Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Never Ending Search for Seats

Post Thanks / Like

Never Ending Search for Seats

Ok guys I need a seat with a headrest just in case, saw these on EBay. A question to the guys that have traded out seats based on the dimensions do you think these would fit my MKIV?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RETRO-CLASS...8AAOSwmfhcLWYz

Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by caesarmascetti View Post
    Ok guys I need a seat with a headrest just in case, saw these on EBay. A question to the guys that have traded out seats based on the dimensions do you think these would fit my MKIV?

Thanks in advance
    I'm going through he same thing right now. These things need a head rest and it's difficult to buy seats without seeing them. Here are a couple Im considering from cobraseats.com.

ks-s-600x600-classic-rs.jpgrsr-classic.jpg
    FFR MKIV ordered 12 July 2019. IRS, Wilwood Brakes, 18" Wheels w/MT tires, power steering, EFI, Heat. 347 Dart w/TKO-600 by Mike Forte, Holley FI, MSD coil and CD box. All new, no donor build.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by caesarmascetti View Post

Thanks in advance
    Issue with those is they dont have slots for the lap belts or the sub belt. The lap belts may be able to come up and over the sides, but that's not the ideal arrangement. No slot for the sub... if the belt is long enough, you may be able to wrap it around the front, but again, not ideal. The belt manufacturers will tell you to NEVER do this.

I dont know that the belts would hold you secure in this seat. The ad doesnt say what the base material is... I would suspect plastic. If so, in a bad situation, the seat could break because the belts would be working against the seat, and not against you.
    ---Boyd---
    MkIV #9042 build thread
    www.boss427.us
    427W, TKO600, Moser 3.55 rear.
    Delivered Feb 2017, Graduated Nov 4, 2019

Post Thanks / Like
    The Cobra Clubman seats worked for me. They used to be offered through Factory Five as Street Performers a number of years ago. Minor issue is no slot for sub belt, but I'm very happy with them.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know some of the guys have been happy with Miata seats.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just added headrests to my seats

https://www.ffcars.com/forums/17-fac...at-thread.html

John
    Last edited by John4337; 10-19-2019 at 07:01 PM.
    FFR #7388 - Mk 4 Complete Kit w/ IRS, Ordered 10/21/10, Delivered 12/8/10. 302 with FiTech and Under Car Exhaust, Heat & A/C, Rod Top. Hard top and shop built side curtains added 2023.

7. Likes RBachman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd like to have headrests but I can't get over the misalignment of the roll bar and seats. Whether you have roll bar mounted headrests or seat mounted, it looks wonky to me- especially for an otherwise beautiful car.