FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: WTB - autocross wheels and tires; 3.55 gears

Post Thanks / Like

WTB - autocross wheels and tires; 3.55 gears

WTB - a set of 17” wheels with autocross tires (Nittos, Hoosiers, etc.) mounted on them. Used wheels and/or tires OK but must be serviceable for autocrossing. I want to do do some testing before winter so I can be ready for spring. Prefer something in the Northeast so I can pick them up.

I have a FFR Mk 3.1 roadster. Current front wheels are 17x9 with 151 mm backspace and 24 mm offset. Rears are 17x10.5 with 174 mm backspace and 28 mm offset.

Also looking for a set of 3.55 gears if anyone has a set for sale.

Thank you!
    Craig

10/2018 -- acquired Mk3.1 #6602 which was an unfinished project in go-kart stage; 9/2019 -- completed car enough to drive locally and compete in autocross events; still in original black gel-coat; 347 Stroker w/ Holley 650 carb, roller cam; Tremec 3550; 3.51 rear diff; lots of Breeze pieces; 2021 -- XP Champion in Central PA Region - SCCA Autocross Series; 2022 - installed windshield and registered in PA; my Build Thread -- https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...ished-Business

6/2022 -- acquired Mk3 #1004; finished build; 347 stroker w/ Holley 560 carb SOLD

Post Thanks / Like
    Craig,
    Not to spoil anyone's potential sale of used rubber but keep in mind that soft compound tires such as R-comps, Hoosiers etc. often age out before they wear out. A lightly scuffed 3 year old tire that has gone hard may actually be less usable than a fresh one that is 50% worn.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    You aren't being a "spoiler", Jeff! Just a realist and I appreciate your insights.

I realize that super soft tires "age out" pretty quickly. Was hoping to get lucky and find someone that bought a set and then changed their mind, plans, budget, whatever. Almost anything would be better than the 10-year old Sumitomos that are on the car now!

In the meantime, I'm just trying to get as much seat time as possible.
    Craig

10/2018 -- acquired Mk3.1 #6602 which was an unfinished project in go-kart stage; 9/2019 -- completed car enough to drive locally and compete in autocross events; still in original black gel-coat; 347 Stroker w/ Holley 650 carb, roller cam; Tremec 3550; 3.51 rear diff; lots of Breeze pieces; 2021 -- XP Champion in Central PA Region - SCCA Autocross Series; 2022 - installed windshield and registered in PA; my Build Thread -- https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...ished-Business

6/2022 -- acquired Mk3 #1004; finished build; 347 stroker w/ Holley 560 carb SOLD