Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: IRS Upper Control Arm’s Grease Fittings

Post Thanks / Like

IRS Upper Control Arm’s Grease Fittings

Sorry for the dumb question but the instruction manual is not clear and I don’t want to screw it up. Do he grease fittings mount up or down on the Upper Control Arms on the rear end of the car? I orginally thought up but the pictures in the manual don’t show them.

Thanks so much for any help. I realize I’m a novice.

Post Thanks / Like
    IRS upper control arms should have the grease fittings pointed down. You wouldn't be able to access them properly if they were pointed up. Agreed they don't appear to be visible in any of the pictures. But they are visible in the engineering drawing of the UCA's near the beginning of the IRS assembly sequence. Pretty sure that's the only difference between left and right upper control arms BTW.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks edwardb that’s what I thought when I started looking at them. I’m a novice but I could see you wouldn’t be able to access them it they were mounted up. I wish factory five would be more clear for us novices in the manual. Thanks so much for your quick response it was a big help.