Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: Hola from Virginia!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cool Hola from Virginia!

I think I should have introduced myself a little while ago.

I知 located in Fredericksburg, VA and planning my build while I keep reading this huge amount of information and recommendations from more seasoned builders.

I知 thankful for the camaraderie here and I hope to contribute as much as I知 learning to help others fulfill their dream projects!

Some decades ago I used to turn a wrench as a licensed auto tech but left that to look more into aviation stuff.

Now, I知 getting back into this because of my dream to build a roadster.

I知 patiently waiting for the Mott Community College to release the class schedule for 2020 so we値l see!

Thank you everyone!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, I'm in North Stafford and building a MK4 about 80% done. You're welcome to stop by anytime. #540-659-4645. If I don't answer just leave a message.
    JR
    Mk4 complete kit #9059 ordered 1/19/17 delivered 3/23/17, 2015 IRS, Fortes/DART347,TKO 600, hyd clutch, P/S, 12.88 wilwood brakes front and rear, heater/defrost and vintage gauges
    First start and go-cart 4/11/18. Taken To Whitby Motorcars Greensboro, N.C. 2/5/21 for body/paint

3. Thanks Aircontroller thanked for this post
    Likes Aircontroller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Daaaaaaang! Awesome. I’ll definitely be in touch. I think I might have some info that will help you. More than likely next weekend. Thanks JR!

Post Thanks / Like
    Should be no problem, I'm retired so home alot.
    JR
    Mk4 complete kit #9059 ordered 1/19/17 delivered 3/23/17, 2015 IRS, Fortes/DART347,TKO 600, hyd clutch, P/S, 12.88 wilwood brakes front and rear, heater/defrost and vintage gauges
    First start and go-cart 4/11/18. Taken To Whitby Motorcars Greensboro, N.C. 2/5/21 for body/paint

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Sounds good boss!

Quote Originally Posted by jrcuz View Post
    Should be no problem, I'm retired so home alot.
    JR

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, Aircontroller! I'm a bit further north in NoVA and well behind JR in my build, but welcome to swing by. Just PM me. Lots of other guys with completed cars up this way too.
    MKIV Complete Kit #9494 l Delivered 1/5/19 l First Start 11/28/20 l First Go-kart 4/11/21 l Carb'd 347 l Mid-shift TKO600 l 3.55 IRS l P/S l Forte Mechanical Throttle Linkage l RT Turn Signal, Drop Trunk l Breeze Upper/Lower Radiator Support, Fan Shroud l Boig Upper/Lower Cool Tubes & Quiet Pipes l 18" FFR Gasser Wheels l Build Thread

8. Thanks Aircontroller thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Aaaaaalrighty then! Thanks! I'll definitely PM ya!

Quote Originally Posted by VAHokie View Post
    Welcome, Aircontroller! I'm a bit further north in NoVA and well behind JR in my build, but welcome to swing by. Just PM me. Lots of other guys with completed cars up this way too.

Post Thanks / Like

2 other builders

2 owner/builders who live very close to me came by for a visit yesterday. Henry brought his Mk4 with the flip front end he did himself has a Coyote and auto trans with paddle shifter and under car exhaust. Tom brought his sweet Mk3, His has a Rousch 331.
    JR
    Attached Images Attached Images

11. Likes Aircontroller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Virginians!

I知 a brand new member. Just signed up today, but I致e been reading for a while. Targeting a 2026 build, so I致e got plenty of time to research and plan while I save my pennies.

I知 down in the Richmond area and interested in finding any clubs or get-togethers to pick people痴 brains and see their builds while I try to make decisions on all the finer points of my planned build.

Is anyone on the forum down my way or mostly up in NOVA?

Cheers,
    Trey
    Last edited by FlyFactoryFive; 10-31-2019 at 02:38 PM.

13. Likes Aircontroller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its nice to know that there are other builders in the area, I am just across the river in Waldorf.

Is it OK to reach out to you guy's as well?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Howdy Trey!

Pm me anytime!

I’m just an hr away from you!

Quote Originally Posted by FlyFactoryFive View Post
    Hello Virginians!

I’m a brand new member. Just signed up today, but I’ve been reading for a while. Targeting a 2026 build, so I’ve got plenty of time to research and plan while I save my pennies.

I’m down in the Richmond area and interested in finding any clubs or get-togethers to pick people’s brains and see their builds while I try to make decisions on all the finer points of my planned build.

Is anyone on the forum down my way or mostly up in NOVA?

Cheers,
    Trey

Post Thanks / Like
    I just offered to Aircontroller via PM, but I figured I would post here as well. If any of you guys are looking for an extra set of hands to help with something (and I'll add a caveat that mine are very unskilled hands at that), please send me a PM. I'm happy to make the drive to help you out with any phase of your build that you need. It will hopefully be helpful for you, allow me to learn something in the process, and meet some likeminded people in the area! Win, win, win.

Cheers,
    Trey

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Trey you're welcome to visit and check-out my Mk4 build anytime. Not much left to do on mine but I will need help puting the body on for the 2nd time here shortly. PM if interested.
    JR

18. Thanks Aircontroller thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    JR - PM sent!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Hurman, no problem we are here to help.
    JR

21. Likes Aircontroller liked this post