FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Tuesday's Drive

Post Thanks / Like

Tuesday's Drive

I uploaded one session as it’s the only one with me and other cars – it was the last session and I queued up intentionally with these guys so I could get some video of the other cars. There were only 8 cars in this run group (intermediate) for 6, 20-minute sessions. There are 5 other cars in this video if you have the patience to watch it. At the end, the M3 was getting black then red-flagged for sound.

https://youtu.be/yNdSsOhmqJo

Dave
    Gen III #17

2. Thanks Straversi, GoDadGo thanked for this post
    Likes Ken_B, CTHiker52 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dave - Nice video!

1. Looks like you have the Kirkey seats. If they are not mounted on sliders, you might consider installing Kirkey’s seat-back brace. It’s an aluminum plate that you bolt to the back of the seat and to the floor of the cargo area to take the flex out of the seat. Hitting those bumps it looks like there’s maybe an inch of deflection in the seat back currently. Hard to be sure from the video, I was busy holding my phone like a PlayStation controller trying to pass that S550 Mustang!

2. Do you have a build thread of this car, or Facebook? Or some pics of the interior at least?
    Logan's Gen 3 Coupe-R Build
    Ordered 4/23/19 | Delivered 6/29/19 | First Start 8/1/20 | First Drive 9/20/20

4. Thanks CTHiker52 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Logan,

Yes, the seats are Kirkeys. The driver-side is on sliders and the passenger side is fixed. Both mount to boxed-steel tubes through bolted to the frame.

They might flex a bit, I can't tell. I may use a seat-back brace but I'll try to make it adjustable or removable.

I don't really have a cohesive build-thread, but I've posted mostly here:

https://www.ffcars.com/forums/21-ffr...17-update.html

I take some interior pics and post them soon. It's mostly bare aluminum, randomly buffed with a green scouring pad.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the Kirkey high backs and used the Kirkey floor and back mounts. During carting I found the seats flexed too much so I added the back mounts and now they are really solid. The steel floor on the passenger side actually bent from the passenger getting in and out of the car. I don't have sliders, the seats are bolted down.
    David W
    Mkll 4874 built in 2004
    Gen 3 coupe #16 registered 2018 painted 2019