Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Factory Five Speedster Coupe!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Factory Five Speedster Coupe!

The Factory Five Speedster Coupe is nearing completion for SEMA 2019!:

At first blush, it looks like they have modified the body mold purchased last year to fit the 33 chassis. I wonder if the bodies are interchangable?

For those of you wanting a "more" custom-looking hotrod, this may be the ticket for you!

So what do you guys think?

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks sharp!
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    I've always been a big fan of the Rat's Glass Speedstar bodies. Marrying it to the FFR 33 chassis means that the cowl and beltline have to be higher than the original Speedstar but I'm anxious to see it all plays out once it's back together after paint. What I REALLY want to see, and have been preaching to Dave for 10 years, is a chassis stretch of about 12 inches so that it can fit a phaeton/vicky body allowing for a kid sized back seat.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Love the 392...

Olli (who had a SRT 392 Challenger)

Post Thanks / Like
    Ahh man. That's going to be a beautiful car.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm with Jeff. Factory Five is missing a huge part of the market by limiting their offering to 2 seat models.
    There's a bunch of us that would love to put a couple of kids/grandkids in the back.

Post Thanks / Like
    BUMP!!! EVEN I COULD GO FOR THIS!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kleiner View Post
    I've always been a big fan of the Rat's Glass Speedstar bodies. Marrying it to the FFR 33 chassis means that the cowl and beltline have to be higher than the original Speedstar but I'm anxious to see it all plays out once it's back together after paint. What I REALLY want to see, and have been preaching to Dave for 10 years, is a chassis stretch of about 12 inches so that it can fit a phaeton/vicky body allowing for a kid sized back seat.

Jeff

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    New stuff is always exciting. I don't want to be a Debbie Downer but, I feel sometimes FFR has too many things on the go. Why weren't the engine side covers on the gen 1 hot rod long enough and the "chin" didn't fit after 1100 kits? Maybe there's some fixes in gen 2 but looking at the new build threads, there are still quite a few things to "continuously improve". So I'd really like to see them strike a balance and not ignore issues with current models...
    Gen 1 '33 Hot Rod #1104
    347 with Holley Sniper & Hyperspark, TKO600, IRS, 245/40R18 & 315/30R18, DRL, Digital Guard Dog keyless Ignition

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JOE A View Post
    I'm with Jeff. Factory Five is missing a huge part of the market by limiting their offering to 2 seat models.
    There's a bunch of us that would love to put a couple of kids/grandkids in the back.
    I agree with both of you, I have a '33 now and would absolutely buy a Vicky version!!! I would even sell my 1930 Model A to help fund it!!
    Black & Copper #1028 ("The Mistress" according to my wife! )
    Brought home: Nov. 2017, GoKart: May 2018, will be Plated & on the Road April 2020
    Andreas