Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Interesting FFR today---Nice owner

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting FFR today---Nice owner

Stumbled across a early IRS equipped FFR MK II today, built around 2001, FFR2707K. A well built car with the early IRS installed, Smith gauges, apprently a 347 carb'd stroker car. Owner also has the first SPF S1 sold to the public.....Sadly, the owner and I had a minor disagreement as to whether he had a MK II or a MK III on his hands, I identified the car as a solid, well built MK II "tweener", while he insists that FFR told him it was a MK III .....Believe he may be lurking here, or perhaps is on a FFR related facebook page. If someone stumbles across a post of his, plese let me know.

Thanks

Bill
    Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
    HOW TO BUY A USED COBRA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine was 3691K , It was a MII.
    .boB "Iron Man"
    NASA Rocky Mountain, TTU #42, HPDE Instructor
    BDR 1642: Coyote, 6 Speed Auto, Edelbrock Supercharger
    Member: www.MileHiCobraClub.com
    www.RacingTheExocet.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Not too far off of Bob's car, mine is 3712K and definitely a MK-II . . .

Doc
    FFR3712K (MKII) in Lost Wages Nevada.
    5.0 w/tubular GT-40 EFI, E303 cam, Custom 4 into 4 headers, T5, 3-Link 3.73 rear. Full F5 tubular suspension. Drop Butt mod, Dash forward mod, custom foot box air vents, custom turn signal system. 13" PBR brakes, Fiero E-Brake mod, Flaming River 18:1 rack w/ F5 bump steer kit on Breeze bushings. 17" Chrome Cobra "R's" w/ 275 fronts and 315 rears. MKIV seats. FORD Royal Blue w/ Arctic White stripes.

Post Thanks / Like
    As for numbers if it is 4 digits followed by “K” it’s pre-Mk3 however if the number below and to the left of the steering wheel reads “F5R100****RD” it is Mk3 or later. Or...simply raise the hood; if the steering shaft comes out the engine side of the foot box and goes to a pillow block then to the rack it is pre-Mk3 but if it exits the foot box below the master cylinder and runs straight to the rack it is Mk3 or after.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    My MkII is 5353K. The original owner told me he got an extra discount because they were ready to release MkIIIs and needed to move their remaining MkIIs. I 'think' he got it in 2005
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kleiner View Post
    As for numbers if it is 4 digits followed by “K” it’s pre-Mk3 however if the number below and to the left of the steering wheel reads “F5R100****RD” it is Mk3 or later. Or...simply raise the hood; if the steering shaft comes out the engine side of the foot box and goes to a pillow block then to the rack it is pre-Mk3 but if it exits the foot box below the master cylinder and runs straight to the rack it is Mk3 or after.

Jeff
    Jeff,

You know I'm well versed in FFR chassis ID

Bill
    Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
    HOW TO BUY A USED COBRA