Russ' Garage

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: 818C Door Locks

  1. #1
    Member LearningCurve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Haymarket, VA
    Posts
    83
    Post Thanks / Like

    818C Door Locks

    Anyone had any luck with the driver side door lock on the 818C?. I can't seem to get enough rotation on the lock to trigger the lock/unlock mechanism. There just seems to be too much flex on the "L" bracket and the bracket attached directly to the lock. I also just realized that I have that bracket installed upside down compared to the photo in the manual. I am not sure if this would make much of a difference as the rotation should still be the same.

    If anyone has any tips for this please let me know. I can't find much of the topic when searching.

    https://photos.app.goo.gl/6LhtN5wHyCxu9qU96
    818C - #458 | Delivered-11/16/16 | First Start/Go Kart-8/24/18 |
    Daily: 2004 WRX
    Weekend: 2012 S4

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    73
    Post Thanks / Like
    Had the same issue.. I just made my own bracket and it worked a LOT better

  3. #3
    Member LearningCurve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Haymarket, VA
    Posts
    83
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kcarlasc View Post
    Had the same issue.. I just made my own bracket and it worked a LOT better

    Do you by chance have any photos of yours setup? I am still struggling with getting this to work properly. What I think would work is if I had a bracket that attached to the key lock/unlock mechanism that had a much larger engagement area. With the provided bracket, there is a large area where the key lock/unlock mechanism just spins freely without actually engaging with the bracket. I tried to fabricate my own but was not able to due to the tight tolerances needed.

    https://photos.app.goo.gl/9QPXrAztC9Yd4D2k6
    818C - #458 | Delivered-11/16/16 | First Start/Go Kart-8/24/18 |
    Daily: 2004 WRX
    Weekend: 2012 S4

  4. #4
    Senior Member AZPete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    2,216
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't help with your key lock question because I used different door handles, but if you saved the donor door lock actuators you have a work-around. See this thread, post #21:
    https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...nished-I-think
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    73
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LearningCurve View Post
    Do you by chance have any photos of yours setup? I am still struggling with getting this to work properly. What I think would work is if I had a bracket that attached to the key lock/unlock mechanism that had a much larger engagement area. With the provided bracket, there is a large area where the key lock/unlock mechanism just spins freely without actually engaging with the bracket. I tried to fabricate my own but was not able to due to the tight tolerances needed.

    https://photos.app.goo.gl/9QPXrAztC9Yd4D2k6

    Sorry I don't.. I just used a piece of straight piece of aluminum and it work out fine.. Much better than the L shaped one..

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Baldwinsville, NY
    Posts
    55
    Post Thanks / Like
    I used the provided "L" piece but had to make multiple bends and twist to make the bracket fit and provide clearance to the glass. I would not finalize anything until the glass is installed. I also installed a spring on the bolt between the top "L" piece and the bottom of the lock mechanism to prevent it from rattling. Unfortunately I was not able to find pictures. I remember experimenting with multiple bolt lengths as well. Hope this helps.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Hamersville, Ohio
    Posts
    374
    Post Thanks / Like
    Door poppers! No outside handles or locks!

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    66
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lance corsi View Post
    Door poppers! No outside handles or locks!
    thats 100% what I did. Push button opener inside and used a door lock controller to pop the doors outside. with manual releases ran just incase.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    185
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Newkitguy View Post
    thats 100% what I did. Push button opener inside and used a door lock controller to pop the doors outside. with manual releases ran just incase.
    Do you have a link to details? This is on my list of things to work on in the spring.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    66
    Post Thanks / Like
    AJ i don't have a link as I don't have a build on the forum. but if you have any questions shoot em over and i'll help where i can.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Lodestone Billetworks

Visit our community sponsor