BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8

Thread: 4 Years Ago I started this Journey!

Post Thanks / Like

4 Years Ago I started this Journey!

On this day, October 17th, 2015, I started this Crazy Factory Five Roadster Journey.

In the 4 years with this project, I've made dozens of new friends and hundreds of new acquaintances. I've been on (2) Long Haul Power Tours with my Dad, several group outings with regional Cobra Clubs, given countless excuses to drive to the store, and have traveled 20,000 fun-filled miles with this fantastic machine.

It's the People. The people here, and in the Cobra community, are the reason that I made it in my build. This build gives me access to meet and spend time with incredible individuals such as yourself. It has opened doors to opportunity to spend time with others, that I wouldn't have had otherwise.

To have my mind stretched and tested during the build has been one of the healthier things that I've done for myself recently. To always be open to learn new things, to be humble when making a mistake, and to persevere with doing the correct thing; has been both a confidence builder and a great teacher for others.

I've had my doubters and pessimists, but they don't have a say in what I do or how I do it. This project has been a great lesson for me on how to handle negativity from others. Rarely from the forums, but more from my older friends and acquaintances. I now realize that they are measuring themselves and comparing myself to their low standards. I reach higher than them.

For those of you still in the build; Press On! That light at the end of the Tunnel is not a train. But instead it's the rest of us cheering you on at the finish line.

See you out there! Dave

IMG_0935 by D. R., on Flickr

Last edited by DadofThree; 10-18-2019 at 09:05 AM.
    Dave
    Mk 3.1 - #6882 - 5.0L 302 - FiTech EFI - 3-Link - 3.08 Ratio - 15" Wheels
    Greenhorn and doing the best I can
    My photos are at: My Flickr acct
    Videos are at: YouTube Videos

Post Thanks / Like
    Bravo. Thanks for having the rest of us along.
    ---Boyd---
    MkIV #9042 build thread
    www.boss427.us
    427W, TKO600, Moser 3.55 rear.
    Delivered Feb 2017, Graduated Nov 4, 2019

Post Thanks / Like
    Good post Dave..
    I started building my Mk3.1, #6803, back 10 years ago, the camaraderie of forum members on FFCars.com was always a huge positive. This forum was created after my car was already on the road, but it also offers new builders positive reinforcement.

PS- Did anyone ever mention your dad kooks a lot like Otto Kilcher in that picture..lol?
    FFR6803RD, MK 3.1, 302 EFI, fr/rr disc brakes, WC-T5, c/w Hurst Competition Plus shifter, 3 link rear, Koni adjustable coil over shocks, dual roll bars, BBK 4-4 headers, 3.55 rear gears, BBK rear lower control arms c/w poly bushings. Ivy Green Metallic Arrived-02/08, On road 09/2010

Post Thanks / Like
    Great post, and the pics tell the story....
    Gen 1 '33 Hot Rod #1104
    347 with Holley Sniper & Hyperspark, TKO600, IRS, 245/40R18 & 315/30R18, DRL, Digital Guard Dog keyless Ignition

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave,

I'm glad to count you among my friends. We'd never have met if not for F5.

John
    MK IV Roadster #8631
    Ford 302, Holley Terminator EFI, T5z, 3.55 Rear End, IRS, 17” Halibrand Replicas (9” front, 10.5” rear), Nitto 555 G2’s (275/40ZR17 front, 315/35ZR17 rear), Fast Freddie’s Power Steering, F5 Wilwood Brakes, FFMetal’s Firewall Forward, Forte’s Hydraulic Clutch & Throttle Linkage
    https://www.ffcars.com/threads/phile.../#post-4776313

6. Likes Aircontroller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Such a great post and well said, Dave! And the smiles in those pics pretty much tells the stories! Safe travels down the road and enjoy the ride all along the way...

Dj

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm picking up what you're laying down. Well said.
    MKIV complete kit w/powder coating and cut outs, serial #9189 delivered 10/10/17, first start - 10/5/18, legal - 10/08/20. Blueprint 306 w/Holley Sniper EFI, TKO 600, power steering, Breeze fan shroud, trunk cubby, & engine compartment battery kit, CNC brake reservoirs, RT turn signal & gas pedal, mechanical throttle linkage, METCO safety loop, GASN side pipes, drop trunk, dual chrome roll bars, vintage gauges, glove box, custom center console, cup holders, and speakers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well said. I enjoyed every minute of the build.