Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Hello from Eugene, Oregon!

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from Eugene, Oregon!

hello everyone! I am thrilled to be part of this community. I have been reading the forum anonymously for about a year and only actually registered when I wanted to PM a member to ask him some questions. Thanks to Mark Eaton, fellow Oregonian, for responding. I enjoyed our chat last weekend.

As for me, I live in Eugene, Oregon but am originally from Texas. I have 3 kids (ages 9-14). I am a urologist, so feel free to send me your best jokes. My father already asked me if I was going to assemble the car through the tailpipe.

As for a build, I am still at the early planning stages for a Mk IV. My general timeline is to go to build school and order a kit sometime in the next year and then take 2 years to build it. I am hoping to finish before my oldest graduates high school.

Cannot overstate how impressed I am with the amount of information in these forums. Appreciate all of you. I plan to reciprocate with own build thread once I get started in 2021

thanks!
    Chris

2. Likes Mark Eaton liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the funhouse! Looking forward to following your build.
    MKIV #7275 Acquired June 2019 (2010 partial build), Gen 2 Coyote by Forte w/TK600- PRO 5.0 - McLeod RST twin Clutch-QT Bell, old style IRS, 8.8 3.55 Rear, Gas'n Headers/Pipes, Power Steering, Hydroboost by Forte, Breeze Roll Bar, Heated Seats, 17" halibrand w/ Nitto G2, Maradyne Fan Controller, Paul Proe Vent Kit, Russ Thompson Signal w/ FTP- Received June 2019/First Start April 2020/Go Cart May 2020/Legal September 2020/PAINT BY SPOTLIGHT CUSTOMS JAN 2021

Post Thanks / Like
    Chris,

I am off Thursday October 29th if you want to swing down and pick up the body buck and check out my MK4.

Mark
    MK4 #9130 , complete kit, arrived 8/10/2017, Street Legal 2/14/2020.
    DART SHP 347, EFI, TKO600, IRS
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...n-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    sounds great! I will be there -- excited to see your roadster in person. When it gets closer, I'll touch base with you by phone to coordinate time, directions, etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the madness. Your plan sounds like a good one. I won’t crack any jokes, but the different vanity plates associated with your profession could be a riot.

Scott
    Built FFR9457. 351 Windsor, TKO600, 3.73. Fitech EFI. Russ Thompson throttle pedal, turn signal, and trunk pan. Carbon Fiber dash with Speedhut Revolution gauges. Paint by Jeff Kleiner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I’m also in Eugene and building a 289 FIA if you want to take a look. Pm me and I’ll give you my ph#