Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Driver turned owner, California GTM

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Driver turned owner, California GTM

Hello guys, I have raced the PDG4 GTM since 2016 and now 2019 we've reached new heights since we also entered Trans Am in the SGT class. The GTM has proven extremely competent at beating much more expensive machinery, while looking a lot hotter. Having such a good vibe with the GTM racecar it was inevitable that one day I'd end up owning a GTM of my own to drive on the road.

I like to wrench but must be honest that I have the (im-)patience of a driver. I do best when I tinker with and optimize an already running car to extract better driveability and more performance, so I have kept my eyes open for a suitable halfway project to take over and bring over the finish line. Then very recently suddenly #82 popped up, a formerly running and sorted car needing TLC following a minor accident. Timing and opportunity = it's possible to make dreams come true! And so I got my GTM.

Really looking forward to get it back in shape and to use the experience from the race program and other past performance car projects to develop the right blend of chassis mods to make it versatile like a thoroughbred supercar. It needs an element of ride refinement for truly enjoying it on the road while making sure it delivers credibility through speed demon handling. Let's see how good we can get it.

I am extremely impressed by all of you who bought a kit and completed it - thanks for sharing your stories and solutions! As I get on with this project I hope I will be able to contribute to some extent.
    Last edited by RR46; 12-03-2019 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Added race facts

2. Likes mark jones liked this post