Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Just ordered MK4 kit in Connecticut

Post Thanks / Like

Just ordered MK4 kit in Connecticut

Hello All,
    Very excited/nervous that I just ordered my MK4 kit. Will arrive 2nd week November. Looking for others in CT that have built or looking to. I plan on going to the build school as well. Getting my list of tools needed together. Don’t have a lot of mechanical experience but we will see. I am in Avon, CT. Going to be going with the Coyote engine. Also any CT cobra clubs? Thanks and looking forward to connecting with others. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Wes

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats!

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats not sure about any CT clubs

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats... in the same boat as a new MK4 builder in Minneapolis. Good Luck and enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome from another Nutmegger. There are quite a few of us in Ct but there are no formal clubs that I know of. Build school is definitely worth it. It will build your confidence that you can accomplish the build. I’m in the body finishing stage and hope to be legal next spring. Feel free to reach out and ask questions.
    Mark4 - 331 Stroker - Fitech 600 -TKO600 - Moser 3.55

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome! We are fellow CT builders in Greenwich; we received delivery in Sept 2018 and are in the go-kart stage right now. You can see what we've been up to on my husband's build thread (Meindl Mk IV Build). This is a family project (my husband and I are our two boys) and it has been an amazing (and frustrating at times, but totally worth it), journey!
    Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations Wes! I will be joining you in this journey next year and am also from CT. I’m signed up for the build school in March and will be ordering my kit sometime after that. I’m looking forward to hearing how yours goes. Enjoy!
    Tony

Post Thanks / Like
    Woohoo and Congrats, Wes! I'm new to the build as well and patiently waiting for my kit to be delivered in January. No doubt, excitement, smiles, nerves, smiles, planning, and more smiles --- you get it! Have a great time with your build and I'll be following (bookmarked) along… And you don't need luck, just perseverance!

Dj

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey fellow Nutmeggers! I am in the West Hartford area currently and have just begun the stages of research and planning for my MK4 Roadster build. I was hoping there might be a club of people in CT where we could chit chat about our builds and impart advice to noobs like me.

Terry