BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 2015 IRS 13" brakes

Post Thanks / Like

2015 IRS 13" brakes

In anticipation of the arrival of the rear calipers for my 2015 IRS 13" brake kit I temporally assembled the brackets. When I snug them up to the spindle caliper mount ears there is a 1/8” gap. What am I missing, all parts were supplied by FFR. See picture below.

Rear Brakes.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Shims I believe
    Have a look at the instructions http://www.factoryfive.com/wp-conten...3in-BRAKES.pdf
    Steve
    Gen 1 '33 Hot Rod #1104
    347 with Holley Sniper & Hyperspark, TKO600, IRS, 245/40R18 & 315/30R18, DRL, Digital Guard Dog keyless Ignition

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF33rod View Post
    Shims I believe
    Have a look at the instructions http://www.factoryfive.com/wp-conten...3in-BRAKES.pdf
    Steve
    The shim is probably 1/32", I need more like 3/16"

Purchaser, FFR
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Bob,
    If you look at the instructions, you can see that Bracket A (#7) is 5/16" thick and Bracket B (#8) is 3/16" thick, which from your photo looks like you have 2pcs of the Bracket B installed. Please check to see if you have all of the correct brackets supplied to you and if not, please call in to our sales/tech department so we may rectify for you.
    Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Kravitz View Post
    Hello Bob,
    If you look at the instructions, you can see that Bracket A (#7) is 5/16" thick and Bracket B (#8) is 3/16" thick, which from your photo looks like you have 2pcs of the Bracket B installed. Please check to see if you have all of the correct brackets supplied to you and if not, please call in to our sales/tech department so we may rectify for you.
    Thank you!
    Thanks J , I did not realize that Bracket A and B were different thicknesses. Hopefully I would of figured it out when I did the other side and had the opposite problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Should the caliper be ground down to provide space for the nut?
    Rear brake.jpg
    Also the SS clips that came with the pads do not fit these calipers, I have not done any brakes in a long time that have not utilized these type of clips. Can FFR supply some clips that will fit?

UPDATE
    I talked to Jay with FFR, the new calipers require a new bracket setup, my new brackets will be shipped out on Monday.
    Last edited by bobm488; 10-19-2019 at 10:24 AM.