Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 87-93 Fox 8.8 in 35 Hotrod Truck?

Post Thanks / Like

87-93 Fox 8.8 in 35 Hotrod Truck?

Just as the title asks, can a 87-93 fox style 8.8 rear axle housing be used in the Hotrod truck? I have a complete 91 fox drivetrain hence the question. Thanks for the help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty sure it cannot. Something to do with the location of the upper link location
    Mike

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only way it can be done is big chassis mods and wheel spacers. Not worth the time or effort. Next gen Mustang rear ends are fairly inexpensive from good boneyards. I got a low mileage one out of a 2009 GT with brakes for $600.00.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wallace18 View Post
    Only way it can be done is big chassis mods and wheel spacers. Not worth the time or effort. Next gen Mustang rear ends are fairly inexpensive from good boneyards. I got a low mileage one out of a 2009 GT with brakes for $600.00.

Wallace 18 is correct, the three link banana bracket interferes with the gas tank, also the upper link mount is in the center of the chassis on the pickup. For the cost of a replacement its not worth the effort, sell the one you have and get the correct one.
    FFinisher/AKA RE63

Post Thanks / Like
    I am going the donor route myself and had the same issue. Sold the old 8.8 and bought a newer style. All in all it cost me an extra couple hundred bucks. No biggie.