I recently checked the ride height on my in-progress MKIV and found that the front had settled as others said it would so I need to raise it about 3/4 inch.

I have also seen other posts where people describe the ease of turning the adjuster on the sleeve to quickly make ride height adjustments and without the need for any tool. That is what is prompting me to make this post because my situation is far from easy and it is so tight that the sleeve moves when I turn the adjuster (and I made sure the set screw was removed).

For my sanity (and hopefully others that may benefit if they come across this post in the future), I am including the below picture which is my driver side front with the orientation of the coil down. As I understand it, to raise the ride height in this orientation, you want to increase the distance shown in green (i.e. shortening the length that the coil can extend) and based on my orientation that would require me to spin the adjuster to left to tighten as shown in yellow.

Is that correct??? I have the opposite orientation on the rear shock with the coil up. How does that affect the adjustment procedure.

Bottom line, does anyone see anything out of sorts with my set up that would explain why it is so tight that I can't move it by hand and when I use tools (i.e. hammer and screwdriver) to coax it, the adjustment sleeve simply spins also meaning I am achieving no adjustment.
Thanks
Glenn

DS Front.jpeg