Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: 2017 FFR MKIV for sale

Post Thanks / Like

2017 FFR MKIV for sale

Hey all, I have the itch to build another Roadster, so sadly I think it’s time to sell mine to fund the next project. I never did a build thread because I was too busy following all the other build threads! This community is awesome and I want to just keep building and building! Figured I’d post here before I moved on to bring a trailer or used any of the local resources.

Purchased as a complete kit, delivered in June 2015. Goal was to build a “street car” as it would have left the showroom in 1965, plus the little bits that I considered essential or appropriate to achieve the “Cobra” look. Hood was NOT cut for a hood scoop, but scoop has been painted to match car and can be added at any time. Over $50k invested, all new parts except the bare 1968 302 block, and the parking brake handle (94 mustang). Manual steering and brakes with professional alignment. Completed in July 2017, 800miles on the odometer. Many custom touches, but I’ll list some of the major items below:

347 stroker with aluminum heads and custom cam made over 450hp on engine dyno. Recently replaced pistons with forged units and bumped compression a bit higher, runs great. FITECH fuel injection. Smog exempt in NJ.

Levy Racing Super Alloy T5

Forte’s 8.8 with 3.55 gears, Cobra limited slip, Cobra brakes

FFR 17” wheels with Nitto NT-05 rubber

Hydraulic Clutch

Russ’s Turn signal

Custom dash with Alex’s Glovebox and vinyl

Under dash panel with faux dash supports, USB ports, “cigarette lighter” style port, LED lighting

Heated seats, insulated cockpit

Wipers, wind wings, visors, front and rear stainless bumpers and over riders

Many breeze parts - solid radiator hoses, radiator aluminum, radiator shroud, etc

Underfloor battery in trunk

Mechanical Throttle

Upgraded coolant reservoir

Custom headers and undercar exhaust

Painted Ford Ivy Green by Ron Randall (Metal Morphus) in CT, Fall 2016

Car is tip top and everything works as it should. I removed the rollbar and side exhaust and installed a custom undercar exhaust. I have not brought it back to Ron to have the holes filled where the rollbar and side pipes passed through the body. Ron saved extra paint to do this repair after the car was registered, I just have not brought it up there. He quoted $1500 for the work plus a final “cut and buff” and any other touch ups from rock chips or build “dings”. Willing to swap out exhaust and re-install side pipes and roll bar if “street car” look isnt your thing, or offer price reduction for paint work requirements.

Looking to get $45k or OBO. PM me, email or text with any questions. I have hundreds of pics from the build and would be more than happy to share them and answer any questions you may have.

Thanks- Kevin
    [email protected]

2. Likes Aircontroller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    More pictures of car and current exhaust. Again, car available with either setup.

4. Likes Aircontroller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Spring is here in NJ, so I'm going to detail the car and get it prepped for "Bring a Trailer". Figured I'd bump this to the top to give the community another shot before I go through the process of listing it on the auction site. With everything shut down for COVID, I won't be bringing this car to a paint shop - so selling as-is with the holes still in the body, but willing to buy/install sidepipes and roll bar if buyer prefers.

Post Thanks / Like
    PM sent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is this car still for sale.

Post Thanks / Like
    Interested, with side pipes and roll bar. Still available?

Post Thanks / Like
    Car is Sold. Thanks for looking.

10. Likes jab351w liked this post