Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Coyote Fuel line quick disconnect connectors

Post Thanks / Like

Coyote Fuel line quick disconnect connectors

Hello All,
    I am using a high pressure rubber hose that is steel reinforced and has a braided cover on it for my Coyote build.
    3/8" on both the fuel filter and motor quick disconnects-
    ID of the hose is 5/16"

I want to use the push on quick disconnects on both ends.
    Any suggestions or links to the correct ones to get?

PS- I am also planning on using HP fuel injection hose clamps too.

Thanks for the inputs.

Martin

Post Thanks / Like
    Where is your fuel pressure regulator? Is it at the pump or in the engine bay? I'm trying to understand where you want to have quick disconnects. Are you running a line from the filter directly to the fuel rail?
    Mk IV Roadster - #8650 - delivered 7-17-2015 - first start 7-28-2018 - first go-kart 10-13-2018 - licensed and on the road 9-9-19: body/paint completed 3-17-2020.
    Complete kit / 2015 Coyote / TKO600 / IRS / Wilwood brakes / Mid-Shift mod / Power Steering / Heater and Seat Heaters / RT turn signal / Breeze radiator shroud and mount

3. Likes Aircontroller liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Life would be way easier if you could go to 3/8" ID Hose. Any chance of up-sizing?
    www.breezeautomotive.com 2005 FFR Mk3 Roadster, 302/340hp, MassFlo EFI, Breeze Pulleys, T5, Aluminum Flywheel, 3-link rear with Torsen Diff and 3.27:1 gears, Power Steering, Breeze Front Sway Bar, SN-95 Spindles with outboard SAI Mod, Breeze Battery Mount, QA1 Externally Adjustable Shocks, Quick Release Steering Wheel, Vintage Race seats, GM Arctic White, Sky Blue Scoop, Hidden Hinges, Billet Aluminum Side-view Mirrors, 2,183lbs wet. 1967 Mustang Fastback, Dark Moss Green, black interior, '67 14" styled steel wheels, 2000 Explorer 302 w 5.0 Cam, Quickfuel 450 CFM, 289 Hi-Po Dual exhaust, C4, lowering springs w Shelby drop.

Post Thanks / Like
    No Pressure regulator-I am using a pre set pressurized fuel filter from Mike Forte(about 55psi)this filter also has a built in return line to the fuel tank. I think it from corvette fuel system. So one fuel line, running from the pressurized fuel filter to the fuel rail on the motor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Look at these:

https://www.summitracing.com/int/sea...rder=Ascending

Find the right hard line quick connect diameter and the right hose diameter.

R.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Reynolds View Post
    Life would be way easier if you could go to 3/8" ID Hose. Any chance of up-sizing?
    I agree with Mark. The Dorman connectors that Totem identified work well.
    Mk IV Roadster - #8650 - delivered 7-17-2015 - first start 7-28-2018 - first go-kart 10-13-2018 - licensed and on the road 9-9-19: body/paint completed 3-17-2020.
    Complete kit / 2015 Coyote / TKO600 / IRS / Wilwood brakes / Mid-Shift mod / Power Steering / Heater and Seat Heaters / RT turn signal / Breeze radiator shroud and mount

Post Thanks / Like
    Bingo
    Thanks guys
    I am running a -6AN(.340" ID) fuel line. I am guessing that is a 3/8" ID fuel line?
    https://www.lefthanderchassis.com/v2...dgroup=2513530

Martin