Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: GTM gas cap

Post Thanks / Like

GTM gas cap

I filled my GTM up last week and was distracted by the attention it was getting and like an idiot I forgot to put the gas cap back on. I went back to the station but no luck finding it. Does anyone by chance have an extra one they would like to sell? Its a gen 2, I assume all the caps are the same from recent production.
    Thanks,
    Keith

Post Thanks / Like
    Follow up:

I called FFR yesterday and found that a new gas cap costs $150! Dan was nice enough to let me know on follow up email that he would give me a discount and sell it for $115. When I called today to place the order Dave answered the phone and said they were crazy busy due some folks being absent and Dan wasn't available due to helping someone else at the time. When I told him what I needed he said he thought he might have some spare "scratch or dent" stuff on hand and was going to check. He called me back in 5 minutes and said he was going to send me one free of charge! I thought that was going above and beyond the call of duty since it wasn't a defective part, it was my absent mindedness at the gas pump that caused the need. Kudo's to FFR.

3. Likes 65 Cobra Dude, rolfer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess I better watch these, not cheap.

Post Thanks / Like
    We put a small cable attached to the cap so we never lose them. For us, if we lost a cap our race would be over.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    I had to order a new one from FFR and it was a different than my original and so I had to order another one. I did have a Gen 2 so just a heads up.
    GTM #370
    Car was completed and I have SOLD my car
    http://edgemansgtm.weebly.com/index.html
    Doing what you like is freedom - liking what you do is happiness
    later,
    Doug

Post Thanks / Like
    That is some good customer service and a good point on putting a safety wire on it. This isn't the first gas cap lost for the same exact situation you originally shared.