BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Electric steering wiring

Post Thanks / Like

Electric steering wiring

Truck chassis #79- I am getting around to wiring the power steering up and the wires don’t match the instructions. Coming out of the power steering controller there are two bundles of wires that go to the steering unit, and one bundle that appears to get wired in to the electrical system. There are three wires, red (presumably pos power), black (presumably neg power) and a small blue wire. I assume the small blue is for ignition power? My instructions have a lot more wires and none of them are blue. Thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan View Post
    Truck chassis #79- I am getting around to wiring the power steering up and the wires don’t match the instructions. Coming out of the power steering controller there are two bundles of wires that go to the steering unit, and one bundle that appears to get wired in to the electrical system. There are three wires, red (presumably pos power), black (presumably neg power) and a small blue wire. I assume the small blue is for ignition power? My instructions have a lot more wires and none of them are blue. Thoughts?
    Blue wire is not used. Just tape it back inside harness.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks I could swear I read that somewhere but I didn’t want to go cutting wires without any direction. Is it me or does the diagram in the instructions not match the actual wires on the unit?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan View Post
    Thanks I could swear I read that somewhere but I didn’t want to go cutting wires without any direction. Is it me or does the diagram in the instructions not match the actual wires on the unit?
    Yea I don't think Its in the instructions. I had same question and called FFR. If I recall I think all my wires matched up except the extra blue.