Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: SEMA Preview 3 of 10: Trans AM Winning Factory Five GTM at SEMA 2019!

President, Factory Five Racing Dave Smith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

SEMA Preview 3 of 10: Trans AM Winning Factory Five GTM at SEMA 2019!

At this year’s SEMA Show, we will have Team PDG’s Factory Five GTM in our booth hot off of it’s remarkable season with wins in three major racing categories! Owners Richard and Yvonne Migliori will be at the show along with championship driver Carl Rydquist at the Factory Five display near Ford Out Front.

Trans Am West Coast Champion!
    Driver Carl Rydquist drove the Team PDG Factory Five GTM to a 1st place Trans Am title in the West Coast in Super GT Class with multiple race wins and a strong finish at this past weekend’s Nationals.

Trans Am National SGT Class, 4th Place!
    At the 2019 Trans Am National Championships held at Circuit of the Americas race track in Austin, TX, Carl drove the GTM to a 4th place finish in Super GT behind Adrian Wlostoski’s Trans Am Mustang, Lux Performance Group’s Dodge Viper, and Ken Thwaits’ Audi R8. The competition in Austin was savage, and Carl was able to keep the GTM within striking distance of the leaders through 28 laps.

West Coast Trans Am Manufacturers Champion!
    A first-ever for Factory Five is a class win in the West Coast Trans Am Manufacturers Championship, and definitely a first-ever for ANY component car company!

These 2019 championships come on the back of having finished 3rd overall in the 2018 25 Hours of Thunderhill, and having won the 2018 NASA Western Endurance Championship ESR class with two overall race wins to boot.

On October 27th, Team PDG with Carl driving will be only one green flag away from securing the United States Touring Car GT Championship title as well! A truly remarkable season from a fantastic group of racers keeping the race in Factory Five Racing.

“Congratulations and thank you for having constructed an amazing and desirable car design, that a small team can use as a perfect platform to create a GT3 racecar with a few very affordable mods!” – Carl Rydquist

View more photos of Team PDG's GTM here.
    Dave Smith, FFR 001
    President
    Factory Five Racing

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Dave,

I remember hearing you once say that "Racing was part of Factory Five's DNA." so now a championship has been won that is truly on the world stage.

https://youtu.be/oFVZr3YYVb0

Thanks For Having A Dream Which Has Allowed Us To Build Ours!

Steve

3. Likes ydousurf, Garage Guy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going to try and make it there also...but I've only won 8 championships driving this car. Including 3 United States Touring Car championships and 5 Western Endurance Racing championships.
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

5. Likes GWL liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crash View Post
    I'm going to try and make it there also...but I've only won 8 championships driving this car. Including 3 United States Touring Car championships and 5 Western Endurance Racing championships.
    Maybe you can fetch refills for Carl's coffee?
    The entire FFR community is proud of you guys!
    Last edited by beeman; 10-28-2019 at 05:18 PM.
    MK3.1 2004 Mach 1 donor. ABS, PS, TC.
    GTM #304 LPE 525hp LS3
    2000 C5 Lingenfelter LS1@489hp
    1999 Corvette FRC/Z06 track car

7. Likes GWL, WIS89 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crash View Post
    Crash don't forget your off road forays in the GTM as well

Ron
    "May you be in heaven a full half hour before the Devil knows you're dead"