Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Sidepipe side to side spacing

Post Thanks / Like

Sidepipe side to side spacing

I received my new shiny Gas-n sidepipes last night, they are beautiful, and sound great. I installed them this afternoon, nice and level and they run true to the 4” frame. The problem I think, is the pipes are 2” from the frame on the driver’s side and 4” on the passenger side.
    Should I try and shift the Coyote 1” to the driver’s side?

SidepipeP.jpg

SidepipeD.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Left side looks fine. There were exhaust flange wedges that builders use to shim or "adjust" the side pipes. The fit between the side pipe and the header.
    It looks like one may work for you, on the passenger side, where the rear of the pipe is sticking out further. It doesn't take a lot of wedge at the front,to move the position of the pipe at the rear inward, or vs versa.
    They come in varying thickness's, so perhaps try shimming it first to get an idea of what size thickness you may need. Breeze Automotive has several shown on their website, but this is one of them for an example.

https://www.breezeautomotive.com/sho...ustment-wedge/

HTH..

PS Might want to check with Gas-N, as they may carry the wedges as well. I saw this post.

We make 1/8" spacers as well as the wedges. We also will make "custom" wedges or spacers any thickness you need. Give me a call.
    Nick Smith
    www.gas-n.com
    810-625-7197
    Last edited by AC Bill; 02-06-2020 at 07:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a similar problem although maybe not as extreme. On the drivers side the side pipe flange sticks outside the body while on the passenger side the flange is well inside. Has anyone been able to shift or rotate the Coyote enough to have both pipes even with the body? For me that’s something like 1/4 to 1/2 inch. Since I’m nearing completion I do not want to have to lift the engine up! Hopefully I can raise the car on my Quickjack or jack stands, loosen the engine mount nuts and shift the engine with a pry bar.

F627E174-E762-4F78-9E5A-0B8A3F6CE7C4.jpeg6EC511D5-0830-43E6-9DFE-4F70AC6D7C45.jpg
    Last edited by lgordon; 02-06-2020 at 07:28 PM.
    Seattle area; MK4 kit received 5/18; Build completed 3/20; Gen 2 Coyote, TKO600; IRS; Wilwood brakes; PS; PB; Gas-N sidepipes; Vinyl Dash with glovebox; Heater/Defroster; Premium Soft Top

Post Thanks / Like
    They are all the same. D side flange sits almost even with the body and P side is tucked in 1.5-2 in. Don't bother to get your pipes where they look good until the body is on and positioned where it's going to live. That's why Breeze makes wedges...da bat

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by j.miller View Post
    They are all the same. D side flange sits almost even with the body and P side is tucked in 1.5-2 in.
    You'd think that could be corrected at the manufacturing level, by simply cutting the collector on the header a little shorter on the drivers side.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by j.miller View Post
    They are all the same. D side flange sits almost even with the body and P side is tucked in 1.5-2 in. Don't bother to get your pipes where they look good until the body is on and positioned where it's going to live. That's why Breeze makes wedges...da bat
    Yes, yes and yes.

Jeff