Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Floor foam fitment

Post Thanks / Like

Floor foam fitment

Quick question on how the foam pieces are supposed to fit. None of mine will just drop in, I've been taking a little off the corners and any other spots that seem tight using a rough file, so far I have worked on two panels. I'm at the point where I could force them in but they are still very tight, should they be tight or loose so that the sealant will be able to get to all surfaces?

Also, is there a better tool than a rough file? On the center panel I have about 3/16 to remove: sanding disk? skill saw?

Thanks, Gary

Post Thanks / Like

Foam panel trimming

Quote Originally Posted by House Money View Post
    Quick question on how the foam pieces are supposed to fit. None of mine will just drop in, I've been taking a little off the corners and any other spots that seem tight using a rough file, so far I have worked on two panels. I'm at the point where I could force them in but they are still very tight, should they be tight or loose so that the sealant will be able to get to all surfaces?

Also, is there a better tool than a rough file? On the center panel I have about 3/16 to remove: sanding disk? skill saw?

Thanks, Gary
    I used a bandsaw with a wood blade. It was accurate and fast. I cut the panels so they were snug but easily inserted. I believe the structural benefit comes from the adhesive covered surface area, not so much from the edges. Do not scrimp on the adhesive. Four tubes will cover both sides very well. Use a spreader or putty knife to level.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reply Frank, kind of what I was thinking too but nice to confirm.

Gary