FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Rear View Mirror Location (Interior)

Post Thanks / Like

Rear View Mirror Location (Interior)

Where are most of you mounting an interior rearview mirror? Actually into the hardtop above the window, onto the glass, or on the dash?

I purchased a Hagan Fattie Rearview Mirror to match the side mirrors and the bracket really doesn't allow for the proper angle for mounting into the hardtop. So other options are to mount onto the window, which would work, but will obstruct a portion of an (already limited view) front window. There is also the dash, which would eliminate the need for a second mirror for the roadster windshield, but (to me) really seems to clutter the top of an extremely clean dash.

Would like your thoughts on this.

Thanks
    33' Hot Rod Coupe/Roadster (GEN 1), Fendered, Ford 302, 350hp, EFI, AOD, 4-Link, Double Adjustable Koni Coilovers, Split Rear Exhaust, Electric Power Steering, AC/Heat/Defrost, Moser 8.8"-3.55, Willwood Front/Rear Brakes, 18" x 8" Fronts/20" x 10" Rears, Ordered: 1.26.17, Arrived: 3.29.17, First Start: 7.2.18, Go Cart: 11.4.18 Paint/Body: 2.23.19, Back Home: 11.24.19, Completed: NEVER!; View More Pics @ https://starmobileone.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't have the hard top but I do have the Hagan mirror and mount on the top of the windshield. I cut the end of the mount off, then drilled and tapped a new mounting hole for the mirror 90 degrees from the the original so it would mount correctly.
    IMG_8049.JPG
    CVOBill
    MK2 #???? Delivered 11/2002, Finished and Titled 6/2003 5.0, T-5, 4-Link, Sold 3/2005
    Hot Rod #304 purchased 5/28/2017 from original owner Unassembled . Titled and plated 8/24/2017 Coyote,
    TKO, 3-Link, Heat, A/C, Electric Power Steering, Convertible top
    MK4 #9524 Picked up 1/18/19 306 Blueprint, T-5, 4-Link, Gas-N Pipes, Heater

3. Thanks JOP33 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I mounted mine into the top and it works well, if you are going to run without the top that may change things, the problem is if you mount it on the dash top I don't think it will work with the top on. Maybe build a blanking plate for the dash mount, when the top is on have a nice plate over the holes in the dash.

5. Thanks JOP33 thanked for this post