Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Headlight mounting

Post Thanks / Like

Headlight mounting

Hello all!

I'm trying to figure out where the headlights mount. In the build manual 35-Truck-Manual-1E page 478 (No engine covers or fenders), the picture is confusing. It shows the location but without the cowl. With the cowl and radiator set in place I can't seem to figure out where they go. In my build I just do see any place to attach to the radiator support and install the shroud.

Build Headlight.jpg
    Manual headlight.JPG

Any help would be greatly appreciated Oh pics would help also.

Michael

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikes35 View Post
    Hello all!

I'm trying to figure out where the headlights mount. In the build manual 35-Truck-Manual-1E page 478 (No engine covers or fenders), the picture is confusing. It shows the location but without the cowl. With the cowl and radiator set in place I can't seem to figure out where they go. In my build I just do see any place to attach to the radiator support and install the shroud.

Build Headlight.jpg
    Manual headlight.JPG

Any help would be greatly appreciated Oh pics would help also.

Michael
    I had the same question. I went through all the build pictures and best I could tell was they are using the top holes on the radiator bracket. That puts them just above that center cross brace on the grill. Looks like that's where they are all at. I cut some spacers to go between the shroud and bracket to hold shroud in alignment with side of grill and used those top holes.

Hope that helps.
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. Thanks chuck35truck thanked for this post
    Likes chuck35truck liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yup that’s correct. They mount on the radiator support. I drilled holes in the shroud and used the spacers provided in my kit. The spacers look like a 1-2” long pipe. I angled one end to fit the contour behind the shroud. Rob
    FFR 35 p/u # 0016 Dart 347 TKO 600

Post Thanks / Like
    image.jpg. This is what my headlamp mount looks like. As ffr would say builders choice.
    FFR 35 p/u # 0016 Dart 347 TKO 600

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Robodent View Post
    image.jpg. This is what my headlamp mount looks like. As ffr would say builders choice.
    LOL, That looks much better. I cant find any spacers in my parts but will duplicate your arrangement Looks like we are in the same mounting holes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Now that's what I'm talking about This is exactly what I was looking for, I'm now on the hunt for the spacers. Thank you all for this very helpful info!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am running fenders, so had to find a higher mounting spot. I did not want to attach to the fenders as shown in the manual. So, I added extra layer of fiberglass to the back of the shroud for reinforcement, and moved light up above where the fenders would not cause an issue.
    Ralph