Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Alternate Nose Idea

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    117
    Post Thanks / Like

    Alternate Nose Idea

    I haven't been on this site in years. Still not in a position to build a kit, but I'm now leaning toward the Truck rather than the '33. I thought I would show off an idea I have which gives a different look. It's not a totally original idea as the "Rolling Bones" Hot-Rod shop have used it before on a '34 build.

    The Canadian-built Cockshutt 30 Tractor had a nose very reminiscent of those used on Track-inspired T-buckets and early Indy cars. I've seen these noses on sale on the Internet, plus you can get Repro grilles for them, so I'm sure with some mods this is a doable option. I've used one of FF's photos as a basis and added a hood and side panels. If I was doing this, I would probably make them out of Aluminum and punch them full of louvers.

    Martin.

    DSC_0281.JPG Attachment 117006
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MT-ED; 11-02-2019 at 10:20 AM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Scurry Texas
    Posts
    376
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MT-ED View Post
    I haven't been on this site in years. Still not in a position to build a kit, but I'm now leaning toward the Truck rather than the '33. I thought I would show off an idea I have which gives a different look. It's not a totally original idea as the "Rolling Bones" Hot-Rod shop have used it before on a '34 build.

    The Canadian-built Cockshutt 30 Tractor had a nose very reminiscent of those used on Track-inspired T-buckets and early Indy cars. I've seen these noses on sale on the Internet, plus you can get Repro grilles for them, so I'm sure with some mods this is a doable option. I've used one of FF's photos as a basis and added a hood and side panels. If I was doing this, I would probably make them out of Aluminum and punch them full of louvers.

    Martin.

    DSC_0281.JPG Attachment 117006
    And then chop it! Add tractor nose but loose the tractor cab
    chopped 11-02-2019.jpg

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    117
    Post Thanks / Like
    Haha! I figured that you would probably chip in with that idea.
    I have to say, even though you just did a quickie photo-chop, that it looks really wicked. Here's a finished version. FFR_1168 copyCHROMEchop.jpg

    Martin.
    Last edited by MT-ED; 11-02-2019 at 05:49 PM.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Scurry Texas
    Posts
    376
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MT-ED View Post
    Haha! I figured that you would probably chip in with that idea.
    I have to say, even though you just did a quickie photo-chop, that it looks really wicked. Here's a finished version. FFR_1168 copyCHROMEchop.jpg

    Martin.
    That's awesome! What program are you using to modify pics?

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    117
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm almost embarrassed to answer that. Despite having been messing with stuff like this for years, I only use a neolithic version of Photoshop and MS Paint to create stuff. Seems to work though as people like what comes out. Here's an FF '33 I did years ago. I've done a lot of Drag-Racing photography during the Summer in the last few years and do digital artwork based on my photos. This is my friend's AA/Gasser Willys that I designed the "1969" style paint-scheme for. 33wgrilleBIGlightsMIRRORScopyCROP_zpsd13a270b.jpgimageedit_32_2829104572DARK.jpg

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Scurry Texas
    Posts
    376
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MT-ED View Post
    I'm almost embarrassed to answer that. Despite having been messing with stuff like this for years, I only use a neolithic version of Photoshop and MS Paint to create stuff. Seems to work though as people like what comes out. Here's an FF '33 I did years ago. I've done a lot of Drag-Racing photography during the Summer in the last few years and do digital artwork based on my photos. This is my friend's AA/Gasser Willys that I designed the "1969" style paint-scheme for. 33wgrilleBIGlightsMIRRORScopyCROP_zpsd13a270b.jpgimageedit_32_2829104572DARK.jpg
    Impressive!

  7. #7
    Junior Member Mikes35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Sarasota, Florida
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting idea! I like it.
    Michael

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Visit our community sponsor