Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Front license plate

Post Thanks / Like

Front license plate

Has anybody installed the "Show N Go Retractable License Plate Frame" on the roadster? Pictures would be good

I am thinking the lower front hole for mounting

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry no but will comment I never installed a front plate. I had plans to but thought it really was a ugly so went without and did not have any issues with police. Saying this, it is a risk so your idea of a retractable one is good.
    Kyle

Complete Kit pickup 09/05/2015, 351w, QF680, 3.55, 3-Link, 15" Halibrands with MT's, Painted Viking blue with Wimbledon white stripes on 03/15/2017. Sold in 08/2018 and totally regret it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Chmhasy,

Yes, I have one installed on my roadster. I have photos and a short video of it in operation, but I don't have a clue how to put the video into this thread. If you want to see it in person I am in Rhode Island so you are not that far away, you can come and see it if you like.

BigUgly
    Last edited by BigUgly; 11-04-2019 at 08:39 PM.
    FFR 6760 Mk 3.1 Fortes Dart 427 TKO 600 3.55 3 Link Solid Axle

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you sure you will need a front tag? I have had mine titled in Md and Va, have had to have 6 annual safety inspections in Va. Both states have front tags on our daily drivers, but I have never had my front tag on the FFR. It's in a tub in the trunk but no one has ever asked about it.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    BigUgly, I may have to make a trip out that way

CraigS, Right now I been running the car with no front tag, and I would like to keep it that way. but if I get stopped for it I can pull it out and say "sorry I was at a car show and forgot to put it back for driving"

I was thinking of installing it in the lower smaller front hole where some guys mount the oil radiators

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been on the road since 2002, and in 2012 I received a warning ticket for no front plate. I still don't have a front plate , but on the advise of a retired California Highway Patrol officer, I carry the front plate in the trunk that I drove over with my truck in my driveway.

The story is: " I just lost the plate 2 days ago due to a broken bracket, and I have not yet replaced the plate. I was able to retrieve the plate, but not before the traffic behind me had driven over it. It made a horrible noise when it went under my car. "

Have not had the opportunity to test the story yet, but it is in the trunk, and not on the car.
    Last edited by Derald Rice; 11-05-2019 at 12:36 PM.
    MK2 #3319.... On the road since 2002 with a lot of upgrades

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Derald Rice View Post
    I have been on the road since 2002, and in 2012 I received a warning ticket for no front plate. I still don't have a front plate , but on the advise of a retired California Highway Patrol officer, I carry the front plate in the trunk that I drove over with my truck in my driveway.

The story is: " I just lost the plate 2 days ago due to a broken bracket, and I have not yet replaced the plate. I was able to retrieve the plate, but not before the traffic behind me had driven over it. It made a horrible noise when it went under my car. "

Have not had the opportunity to test the story yet, but it is in the trunk, and not on the car.
    Damn Derald, I like that story. I'd use it, but here in MO, because 1965 didn't use front plates, they can't do anything.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rich grsc View Post
    Damn Derald, I like that story. I'd use it, but here in MO, because 1965 didn't use front plates, they can't do anything.
    Hmm wonder if it is the same in CT?
    Last edited by chmhasy; 11-05-2019 at 02:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    My car is titled, licensed, and plated as a 1965. In MO it only needs the equipment that was required in 1965.

Post Thanks / Like
    Check your state laws regarding "plate flippers". These meet the legal definition and are illegal in Texas, class A misdemeanor. I'm going to go with the TX exemption for classic cars, even though it's technically registered as a custom vehicle. I'll keep the front plate in the trunk just in case.
    MKIV Complete Kit: 3-link, vintage gauges, glove-box dash, chrome roll bars, 17" wheels, B/T leather seats, Gas-N side pipes and headers; Drive train: Levy 408w w/carb, TKO600, Moser 8.8 with 3.55s and GT rear brakes; Paint: Jeff Miller Ford Magnetic Grey Metallic with BMW Titan Silver stripes
    Ordered: 4/5/16, Order completion: 5/14/16, Delivered: 5/24/16, First start: 6/22/19, Registered and legal: 10/28/19

Post Thanks / Like
    Always figured that if Nevada ever required one, I'd build a spring loaded one that layed down from air current while driving and sprung up when stopped . . .

Derald, I love your story - goes right along with how I got my car registered before they came out with the "replica law" in Nv. As far as the DMV is concerned, my car has a pre-'67 engine in it . . .

Doc
    FFR3712K (MKII) in Lost Wages Nevada.
    5.0 w/tubular GT-40 EFI, E303 cam, Custom 4 into 4 headers, T5, 3-Link 3.73 rear. Full F5 tubular suspension. Drop Butt mod, Dash forward mod, custom foot box air vents, custom turn signal system. 13" PBR brakes, Fiero E-Brake mod, Flaming River 18:1 rack w/ F5 bump steer kit on Breeze bushings. 17" Chrome Cobra "R's" w/ 275 fronts and 315 rears. MKIV seats. FORD Royal Blue w/ Arctic White stripes.