Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: SEMA Preview 9 of 10: All-New Factory Five Speedstar Hot Rod!

President, Factory Five Racing Dave Smith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

SEMA Preview 9 of 10: All-New Factory Five Speedstar Hot Rod!

Meet the very newest Factory Five, the Speedstar!

The Ridler Award-winning Speedstar body now drives as good as it looks with the proven Factory Five performance Hot Rod chassis underneath! We bought Rat’s Glass Bodies last year, and this all-new shape is the first result of that acquisition.

Click here to pre-oder your Speedstar kit now!

Click here to view a full photo gallery 33 images.

The car is a lower and sleeker Hot Rod coupe.

Factory Five suspensions and chassis options remain.

We built this first Speedstar with a 392 Hemi engine and Mopar powertrains will be available shortly.

The Speedstar won the 2000 Don Ridler Memorial Award, and is now in the Factory Five line-up!

There are some small differences between the Factory Five ’33 and the new Speedstar. The Speedstar comes with different tail lights and a fixed, molded coupe top rather than the ’33s removable top. Hood and side covers are an important part of the long, low Speedstar look, so they are standard. Door latches and windows are being designed, and we are considering using door poppers to keep the exterior super clean.

We’re also introducing the option to install a Hemi engine into all of our Hot Rod variants – ’33 Hot Rod, Speedstar, and ’35 Truck! More details coming soon.

If you would like to order a Speedstar, production dates will begin in January. You can call us for more details or to reserve your spot with a refundable deposit. Full website, order forms, and prices coming soon.

Click here to pre-oder your Speedstar kit now!
    Dave Smith, FFR 001
    President
    Factory Five Racing

2. Likes wrp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fabulous! Everything I've ever considered imperfect in the looks of the FF'33 fixed. The body has beautiful "flow" to it and the rake is just perfect.

What's the story on those lower front wishbones? Definitely different looking.

Martin.
    Last edited by MT-ED; 11-04-2019 at 02:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations. That’s going to be a big hit! I always thought the Rat Glass Speedstar was a little over the top. Love how you blended the FFR and Rat Glass designs.
    -Steve
    Mk IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17, Registered and Completed 10/18/18. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roadster-8901

Post Thanks / Like
    This is nice!
    33' Hot Rod Coupe/Roadster (GEN 1), Fendered, Ford 302, 350hp, EFI, AOD, 4-Link, Double Adjustable Koni Coilovers, Split Rear Exhaust, Electric Power Steering, AC/Heat/Defrost, Moser 8.8"-3.55, Willwood Front/Rear Brakes, 18" x 8" Fronts/20" x 10" Rears, Ordered: 1.26.17, Arrived: 3.29.17, First Start: 7.2.18, Go Cart: 11.4.18 Paint/Body: 2.23.19, Back Home: 11.24.19, Completed: NEVER!; View More Pics @ https://starmobileone.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MT-ED View Post
    Fabulous! Everything I've ever considered imperfect in the looks of the FF'33 fixed. The body has beautiful "flow" to it and the rake is just perfect.
    That is what I like about the '33. I like the previous models and what I would call the more old school look but I also like the way builders have customized the car to their own likes. Now, we have this new version that takes it all to another step beyond the original. Factory Five continues to out do themselves every year and I'm proud to be able to say I own a Factory Five Roadster.

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Wow!

You've kept a cool car alive, while giving it a new life under a proven Factory Five Chassis.
    Way To Go Guys, Way To Go!

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks cool.
    Last edited by FF33rod; 11-04-2019 at 11:50 AM.
    Gen 1 '33 Hot Rod #1104
    347 with Holley Sniper & Hyperspark, TKO600, IRS, 245/40R18 & 315/30R18, DRL, Digital Guard Dog keyless Ignition

Post Thanks / Like
    Stunning. sign me up!
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Love it!!!

Henry

Post Thanks / Like
    Very, very, nice! You guys nailed this one. Didn't Rat's glass have a sedan too?...Can't wait to see that FFR style!
    Started dreaming of a Cobra around 1987
    Purchased Complete Kit 6/9/2017, Delivered 9/4/2017, Rolling Chassis 3/30/2018, Engine Dyno'ed 3/4/2022, Engine installed 8/27/2022
    Click here for my build thread
    Serial #9158
    Design Engineer at BluePrint Engines

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Super Job!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I... well, honestly... I don't get it. It's just a FFR 33 with a different coupe top.

I've been a big fan of Rat's Glass' Speedstar long before FFR decided to make the '33 kit. And the Speedstar has a very unique look, and lines that only existed on the long, low, laid back, sway back Rat's body. And the look that Alloway accomplished with that body was AMAZINGLY beautiful! And when I found out FFR bought out Rat's Glass I was very enthusiastic about what they could do with the bodies. THIS is not it.

This is an Alloway built Speedstar:
    122438.jpg

The car FFR has posted is not.

I'm disappointed Dave.
    -- Mike -- TxMike64 -- @TxMGarage
    Gen1.5 Hot Rod '33 #1094 (Stage 1) - 302/AOD '15 IRS - Quad Built - Build Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Alloway's interpretations with this body are built on a relatively conventional Street-Rod chassis. Melding the body with an FF chassis creates compromises, particularly in the door entry area due to the chassis tubing. I've seen an Alloway Speedstar sell recently for near $70,000, which is on the low end for Bobby's cars, so we're to an extent comparing Apples to Oranges. The FF chassis provides a decent basis for building a super handling car for far less, or the option of chroming the heck out of everything and ending up with something that approaches the look of the Alloway cars. They've always been about the flames, so I bet a flamed FF Speesdstar would look pretty cool. I want to see someone build one with big lamps.......... fabulous! ed9e9f35fd05637b7f0ef12fae284657.jpgcd0d39a9542240091b5a0a38ae47d004.jpg

Martin.
    Last edited by MT-ED; 11-04-2019 at 07:28 PM.

Ol Skool
    Post Thanks / Like
    A Hemi powered speedstar?? Needs a Plymouth front end Took long enough to get back to putting a Hemi in a hotrod. Who's crazy idea was that?

IMG_20161023_171817_653 (640x488).jpgRRLIFTEDCRed (640x301).jpg

At least without a straight gasser axle it should turn both left and right!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I take it the roadster version is coming next? Any ETA?

Post Thanks / Like
    IF they ever do the Vicky version I am all in to build one!!! I already have a '33 Hot Rod so a Vicky would be an amazing addition!!
    Black & Copper #1028 ("The Mistress" according to my wife! )
    Brought home: Nov. 2017, GoKart: May 2018, will be Plated & on the Road April 2020
    Andreas

Post Thanks / Like
    I like it a lot

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AJT '33 View Post
    IF they ever do the Vicky version I am all in to build one!!! I already have a '33 Hot Rod so a Vicky would be an amazing addition!!
    YES! That is what my wife wants...
    - Peterh226 #1134
    '33 Hot Rod 2nd Gen. Blueprint 383 Sniper TKO Delivered 4/14/2019
    Full Fenders, Top, 3-Link, Wilwoods
    YOKOHAMA ADVAN NEOVA AD08 R | Fr 245/45 R17 | Rr 295/30 R18
    AR605 Torq-Thrust M Chrome | Fr 17x8 | Rr 18x10

Post Thanks / Like
    So any details about that roadster version or when it's coming...

21. Likes narly1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
    So any details about that roadster version or when it's coming...
    The coupe top version looks to be pretty tight in the headroom department.

A convertible top roadster might be just the ticket for those drivers who are "vertically endowed".