Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  18

Thread: Graduation of 9042

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Graduation of 9042

F5 #9042, delivered Feb 2017

I've enjoyed the build of this machine more than a lot of things in my life, and its given me some real life over the last 2 years and 9 months. I had a different dog when I started and I bought my house because the garage was big enough to build an F5 Roadster. I started my spreadsheet sometime around 2012 and had been saving every dime I could save. I've been a fan of F5 ever since my first 5.0 Fox Mustang became my dream donor back in the late 90's and have been on this forum for over 5 years.

9042 is now legal, driving, sounding and looking awesome and getting smiles all over the place.

So here's the list that nobody reads... my Graduation of #9042 from a kit to a legal, operating, awesome car.

Factory 5 complete kit with powdercoated chassis, wind wings, sunvisors, floor mats, heater.

Ford 427W with X306 heads, 450 hp, 520 ft/lbs. Edelbrock RPM Air Gap intake with FiTech 600hp fuel injection. Jones Racing 80/140 amp alternator and power steering, pump dyno'd for Fox rack. Pertronix Ignitor III ignition. Breeze / Canton oil pan. Fortes mechanical throttle linkage. K&N 8” top and side air cleaner.

F5 radiator as supplied, lots of Breeze parts: upper and lower rad hoses, upper and lower rad mounts, upper hinge cover, fan shroud. Canton recovery tank. ReplicaParts radiator front aluminum, Speedway honeycomb protection.

TKO600 from Fortes, .64 OD. Fortes hyd clutch actuation. Breeze / QuickTime steel bellhousing, Mcleod Super Street Pro clutch. Ford steel billet flywheel. ********** 427 Cobra shift handle.

Gas-N headers and sidepipes, all Remflex gaskets, Breeze alignment spacers.

American Racing Torq-Thrust Anthracite wheels and Nitto NT05 tires. 17X9, 17x10.5, 255/40 and 315/35.

Wilwood braking system as supplied thru F5. Non power, 12.19 and 12.88”. Lokar e-brake handle, Wilwood e-brake cables, e-brake mounted tunnel-top.

Fuel system: Full 3/8 (-6AN) pressure and return systems. Pro-M -6AN pump hanger, 190 lph pump. Fed Hill CNF fuel hardline, Earls Perform-o-flex soft lines. Holley 10 micron filter. Breeze tank vent, home made charcoal vent filter.

Moser 8.8 rear axle, all new, welded 3 link banana bracket, 3.55 gears.

Front suspension: Howe Racing upper and lower ball joints, Moog outer tie rods, Breeze power rack w/ extenders and boots.

Interior: Custom designed dash and switch panel, custom designed Speedhut Cobra gauges. F5 Leather and foam steering wheel, Breeze quick disconnect. Marine Supply stainless grab rail. Kirkey 55V seats, CobraHeat seat heaters. Leather dash, switch panel, center console, Herb's door panels with my leather. Racequip silver 3” race harnesses, 5 point with rotary latch. Ventilated footwells with Atwood 3” fans and home made 3” butterfly valves, ducted to ********** front brake scoops. Breeze cubby compartment., Russ's drop trunk box.

Assorted: Triple CNC reservoirs, Breeze stainless 1.75” roll bars (polished by Whitby's), ********** side louvers, ********** front and rear bumpers & grommets. ReplicaParts roll bar trim rings, FFMetals .090 firewall, Breeze hood and trunk lid prop rods, Carolina Laser switch labels.

Electrical: Full LED through out the car. JW Speaker projector headlights, JDM Astar front and rear signals, Superbright tag light lamps, trunk lighting, Breeze cubby lighting, under dash lighting. Signal Dynamics Back Off Pentastar rear tail light converter makes all 4 tail lights act as running, brake and turn signal, with turn signal over ride; Turn signal auto cancelling unit w/ turn signal flashers removed. Tangent fog lights, converted to LED. USB accessory power port. Breeze front mounted battery box.

Paint and bodywork by Whitby's of Greensboro, NC. Ford Sterling Gray main, Ford Silver Gray stripes, Ford Atlantic Blue pinstripes. Beautiful paint work.

Custom “BOSS 427” side badges made to my spec by Billet Badges.

As everyone knows, there's a lot more, but these are the big pieces. As everyone also knows, there's still things to be done, updates to things I dont like or aren't really right, things that I will do just because it's a hobby and I need to keep working on it.

Thanks to anyone and everyone that gave a tip, posted a hint, ran a build thread or just gave support when it was needed... car related or not. I could not have built this car without this Forum and all its members... but I might have a little more money if I hadn't found y'all just over 5 years ago. Thanks to Jeff@Whitby's... you taught me new levels of patience, but you delivered an almost perfect product, and made what was in my head really come true. Thanks to Mark Reynolds @ Breeze... your products are beyond expectation and took my car to the next level. Mike Everson @ ReplicaParts, thanks for the parts nobody else has.

Looking forward to meeting and seeing a lot of you in London, 2020. I'll be there with The Boss.

Last edited by Boydster; 11-05-2019 at 04:38 PM.
    ---Boyd---
    MkIV #9042 build thread
    www.boss427.us
    427W, TKO600, Moser 3.55 rear.
    Delivered Feb 2017, Graduated Nov 4, 2019

2. Likes ydousurf, RBachman liked this post