Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New builder from Ohio.

Post Thanks / Like

New builder from Ohio.

Hello everyone. I just purchased an '35 truck kit and a SBC, F.I., 700R4. My goal is to build a cruiser that I can throw a couple of bags in the back and drive to California, or anywhere else for that matter.

I'm a senior member I suppose, at 76, but I feel I have at least one good build left. I built a Vans RV12 LSA aircraft about 9 years ago. The success with that kit is why I chose Factory Five. The Vans kit was complete; every nut, bolt, washer, rivet (13158 of 'em), engine, prop and instrumentation, all designed to fit and function together. All I had to add was oil, coolant and paint. After 420 hours of flight time, the aircraft still operates perfectly. I think Factory Five implies the same performance. (If I do my part correctly).

I retired from the GM Milford, MI proving grounds after 36 years and have had cars in my blood all my life. I am very excited about this build and hope to avail myself of the vast collective knowledge and experience reflected in the forum. Maybe I might be able to add a tiny bit too.

Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Frank Welcome to The Forum
    When are you expecting to receive your kit and what part of Ohio are you from?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the welcome. FF says kit arrival around the first part of December. I'm located in Lorain. I am attending the build class this weekend in Howell, MI. I feel like a kid at Christmas. Thanks, FF.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations. Have a great time at the build school and good luck with your build. Rob
    FFR 35 p/u # 0016 Dart 347 TKO 600

Post Thanks / Like
    You are gonna have the best time at the class. The instructors I had were real good I learned a lot. Well worth the money. Is FFR going to honor the build school discount on your kit? because you bought the kit before you went to the school.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Frank, I'm in Vermilion building a Roadster now and have a finished Hot Rod. Let me know if you want to stop by.
    CVOBill
    MK2 #???? Delivered 11/2002, Finished and Titled 6/2003 5.0, T-5, 4-Link, Sold 3/2005
    Hot Rod #304 purchased 5/28/2017 from original owner Unassembled . Titled and plated 8/24/2017 Coyote,
    TKO, 3-Link, Heat, A/C, Electric Power Steering, Convertible top
    MK4 #9524 Picked up 1/18/19 306 Blueprint, T-5, 4-Link, Gas-N Pipes, Heater