Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: New builder from Ohio.

Post Thanks / Like

New builder from Ohio.

Hello everyone. I just purchased an '35 truck kit and a SBC, F.I., 700R4. My goal is to build a cruiser that I can throw a couple of bags in the back and drive to California, or anywhere else for that matter.

I'm a senior member I suppose, at 76, but I feel I have at least one good build left. I built a Vans RV12 LSA aircraft about 9 years ago. The success with that kit is why I chose Factory Five. The Vans kit was complete; every nut, bolt, washer, rivet (13158 of 'em), engine, prop and instrumentation, all designed to fit and function together. All I had to add was oil, coolant and paint. After 420 hours of flight time, the aircraft still operates perfectly. I think Factory Five implies the same performance. (If I do my part correctly).

I retired from the GM Milford, MI proving grounds after 36 years and have had cars in my blood all my life. I am very excited about this build and hope to avail myself of the vast collective knowledge and experience reflected in the forum. Maybe I might be able to add a tiny bit too.

Frank

2. Likes Aircontroller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Frank Welcome to The Forum
    When are you expecting to receive your kit and what part of Ohio are you from?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the welcome. FF says kit arrival around the first part of December. I'm located in Lorain. I am attending the build class this weekend in Howell, MI. I feel like a kid at Christmas. Thanks, FF.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations. Have a great time at the build school and good luck with your build. Rob
    FFR 35 p/u # 0016 Dart 347 TKO 600

Post Thanks / Like
    You are gonna have the best time at the class. The instructors I had were real good I learned a lot. Well worth the money. Is FFR going to honor the build school discount on your kit? because you bought the kit before you went to the school.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Frank, I'm in Vermilion building a Roadster now and have a finished Hot Rod. Let me know if you want to stop by.
    CVOBill
    MK2 #???? Delivered 11/2002, Finished and Titled 6/2003 5.0, T-5, 4-Link, Sold 3/2005
    Hot Rod #304 purchased 5/28/2017 from original owner Unassembled . Titled and plated 8/24/2017 Coyote,
    TKO, 3-Link, Heat, A/C, Electric Power Steering, Convertible top
    MK4 #9524 Picked up 1/18/19 306 Blueprint, T-5, 4-Link, Gas-N Pipes, Heater

Post Thanks / Like
    Frank, I too am new to the forum. Ordered my mk4 kit May this year and received it in July a week before I went to the build school in August. Just did my first gocart ride last week.. a day before the school, I drove to GM proving grounds where I meet Frank who I sold a c2 to years ago. Without elaborating too much , it was the best 4 day vacation ever. But please, don't tell my wife that. Hopefully the ride will be as much fun as the build. I'm sure it will be. Good luck 👍

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cool

You built an RV12? Daaaang! Congrats!

Welcome Sir! We're all here to help and learn! I'm sure you'll come up with some ideas we might have not thought of.

Please consider making a build thread so you can document your progress and we can help you as you go along.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Pav View Post
    Hello everyone. I just purchased an '35 truck kit and a SBC, F.I., 700R4. My goal is to build a cruiser that I can throw a couple of bags in the back and drive to California, or anywhere else for that matter.

I'm a senior member I suppose, at 76, but I feel I have at least one good build left. I built a Vans RV12 LSA aircraft about 9 years ago. The success with that kit is why I chose Factory Five. The Vans kit was complete; every nut, bolt, washer, rivet (13158 of 'em), engine, prop and instrumentation, all designed to fit and function together. All I had to add was oil, coolant and paint. After 420 hours of flight time, the aircraft still operates perfectly. I think Factory Five implies the same performance. (If I do my part correctly).

I retired from the GM Milford, MI proving grounds after 36 years and have had cars in my blood all my life. I am very excited about this build and hope to avail myself of the vast collective knowledge and experience reflected in the forum. Maybe I might be able to add a tiny bit too.

Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    Frank and CVO bill both have our engines! (franks just shipped) From right down the road in Salem OH, but probably told both of you that!

-Johnny
    Check out our crate engine offerings at www.factoryfiveengines.com
    Give us a call at 1.800.483.4263

11. Likes CVOBill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum. Roger

Post Thanks / Like
    Ohio here too. Close to Toledo. Finished my Mk4 2 years ago. With all your experience this will be easy for you. Any questions don't hesitate to ask. Good luck.
    JRL16
    Mk4 delivered 4/28/16. First start 10/15/16. First gocart 11/10/16. Engine Factory 427W. 750 carb. Tremec TKO600. 2015 IRS. Power steering. Whitby power brakes. Wilwood brakes. 18" wheels. Falken tires. Sway bars front and rear. Forte hydraulic clutch and mechanical throttle linkage. Scott's Hot Rods triple reservoir. Ceramic coated headers. Gas’n sidepipes. Heated seats. Herb Fraser walnut door panels. Wipers. Console.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Howdy Frank....any progress on your build?