Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Registration for the 2020 Texas Cobra Club Spring Meet is now open!

Post Thanks / Like

Registration for the 2020 Texas Cobra Club Spring Meet is now open!

Registration for the 2020 Texas Cobra Club Spring Meet is now open!

The dates are April 1-5 in San Marcos at the Embassy Suites.

Go to www.texascobraclub.org then click on the events tabs to start your registration process.

Many of the details are still pending. Our guest speaker this year is Dave Friedman, Photographer for Shelby American 1962-65.

I will post more details as soon as they are available.
    Steve
    Texas Cobra Club-Austin
    July 2009 FFCars Picture of the Month
    FFR3542K, 347 C.I., EFI, T-5, 3-Link, Miata Front Sway Bar, Red with White Stripes

Post Thanks / Like
    Deadline for Tee shirts is Monday. See the Meet website to order.
    Registration numbers as of: 02.14.2020

Number of days to go: 50

Number of attendees and guests: 194

Number of cars: 95

Number of States Represented: 15 TX, AZ, OH, NM, OK, IA, MS, GA, IL, LA, MO, SC, FL, IN, AR

Number of Banquet Ticket sold: 142

Track Day Participants: TBD
    Steve
    Texas Cobra Club-Austin
    FFR3542K, 347 C.I., EFI, T-5, 3-Link, Miata Front Sway Bar, Red with White Stripes

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Hey Hey…Cobra Lovers Far and Wide

Here is the latest update on the Texas Cobra Club Spring Meet 2020:

• 32 days before the fun begins

• 119 Cars are registered

• 229 Drivers and Guests

• 161 Banquet Tickets have been sold

• 16 Different States are representing

Thanks to everyone that has already registered and paid their fees. With about 30 days or so to go, we are on track to have a very nice gathering of folks. Harris Hill Raceway is waiting on their contractor to confirm the start date for resurfacing and draining project. I will up the website and FB as I know more about the track’s availability.

Our guest speaker this year is Dave Friedman. He was the in-house staff photographer for Shelby American from 1962-65. Dave will not be bringing any items to sell but if you bring any photos or books to the Meet, he will gladly sign them. There will be a couple of frame photos of his for the silent auction.

Again, if you need to cancel you hotel reservation at the Embassy Suites please call me before you do so. We have several folks still looking for rooms at the Embassy and I do not want our rooms to be lost in the shuffle.

Thanks to all and I am looking forward to seeing everyone in a few weeks.

See y’all in San Marcos

www.texascobraclub.org
    Steve
    Texas Cobra Club-Austin

Post Thanks / Like
    In light of the Coronavirus situation facing our country both nationally and locally, the leadership group of the Texas Cobra Club Spring Meet has decided to postpone and re-schedule the 2020 Spring Meet until the fall.
    The new dates are Oct 7-11, 2020.
    PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THE HOTEL ABOUT YOUR RESERVATION YET. WE ARE WORKING ON A ROOM AGREEMENT. MORE DETAILS WILL BE AVAILABLE OVER THE NEXT FEW DAYS.
    This decision was NOT made in haste or without considerable thought but after speaking with the management and staff at the Embassy Suites Hotel, there really was no other choice but to re-schedule to the event to a later date.In the past few days the Embassy Suites has suspended all food services, included their breakfast buffet, all restaurant and catering services, and, most important to our group, the nightly happy hour. During our conversation, they could not even confirm sufficient staffing for our banquet.
    Even though our event is primarily outside, we do rely heavily on the staff and amenities of the hotel to make our Spring Meet enjoyable and unique. By re-scheduling the Meet to the fall, we feel confident that our event will be even more successful.
    I have spoken with several of our members from the Houston area and we will be combining the OktCobra Fest with the Spring Meet for this FALL MEET.
    Please DO NOT contact the hotel just yet. I am working with the hotel over the next few days to figure out the details of the event. Our plan is for you to be able to change your existing reservation to the new fall dates without any change fees.
    In addition, I will also know the status of the banquet by then.I will make another announcement about registration fees and banquet tickets refunds as soon as the hotel details are worked out.
    I have also spoken with Debra Grabowski and how to disseminate the event t-shirts. More details will be forthcoming.
    Sincerely,
    Ken Walker
    Texas Cobra Club
    [email protected]
    Steve
    Texas Cobra Club-Austin

Post Thanks / Like
    UPDATE ON TEXAS COBRA CLUB FALL MEET—PLEASE READ
    The Embassy Suites Hotel in San Marcos is running with an extremely small staff at this time and the finalization of our agreement for the FALL MEET has been delayed for a few more days. Per the request of the hotel, you can cancel your current room reservation with no penalty. If you call the hotel direct you may be put on hold for a very long time due to the limited number of people onsite.
    Instead, please, use your reservation number, go online to cancel your reservation. When I have the room block information in hand, a new link to the hotel reservation page will be established. At that time, you will be able to make a room reservation. The link should be available within a week or so. But for now, you can just cancel your reservation online.
    REPEAT -- AT THIS TIME OUR ROOM BLOCK FOR THE FALL MEET HAS NOT BEEN FINALIZED. There is not a room block, yet, to transfer your reservation.
    REGISTRATION FEES FOR THE FALL MEET AND/OR REFUNDS
    As soon as the details for the Fall Meet are finalized, information about the registration process and fees will go out ASAP.
    · If you paid in full for the Spring Meet and you register for the Fall Meet, we will issue you credit for the Fall Meet.
    · If you request a refund, keep in mind this is a manual process, and it will take a few weeks.
    · If you cannot make the Fall Meet but want to participate in our 2021 Spring Meet, please send me an email to [email protected]. We may be able to issue you a credit to apply to the 2021 Spring Meet.
    T-SHIRT ORDERS
    We will be distributing the t-shirt either in person at local events or they will be mailed out. If you request a refund from the event and had ordered t-shirts, we will deduct the shipping cost from your refund.
    Sorry for the long post, I will keep you up-to-date as soon as I know anything new.
    Ken Walker
    Steve
    Texas Cobra Club-Austin