Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Winter upgrades complete

Post Thanks / Like

Winter upgrades complete

Well, finally got my winter upgrades completed. Looked at upgrading my IRS gears from 3.31 to 3.55. So looked around at how much new gears would be and an install kit. It came out to be about $450 give or take depending on where I got the parts from. So I looked on Ebay to see what they had and found a slightly used rear center section with Triton true track and 3.73 gears for $499 shipped. Thought hey that would be easier then just replacing the gears them selves and since I had to drop the diff anyways, sounded good to me. Removal was a pain, but not to bad. Once I figured out the best way to get the new one up and in I quickly remembered I had to drill out the front ears on the new diff. Not a big deal I was pretty good at getting it down and back in by this time by myself. Anyways it all went back together quickly with no changes to the adjustments at all. Torqued everything back down per the manual and was back on the ground. Took about 8 man hours all together. That was not including cleaning up the new diff, painting, replacing bearings and seals. Great up grade and now she is quick out of the hole. Also finally got a custom tune from Lund using the nGuage to load it. Runs a lot better down low and the nGuage lets me read lots of engine data, read codes and reset codes. They also sent a cam tune to give the Coyote a loppy cam sound. Another upgrade was purely aesthetics I replaced the headlights with Lucas PL700 tri-bar headlamps. I like that they add a classic look to the car.

diff upgrades.jpegupgrades empty.jpgupgrades installed.jpgmountain pic.jpegnGauge Lund tuning.jpg
    Last edited by Paul2STL; 03-20-2020 at 11:46 AM.
    MKIV #9122 Ordered kit 5/24/17 received kit 8/11/17 MK4 Base kit +,First Start 4/7/18, First Go-Cart 4/22/18, In gelcoat, licensed and driving 8/11/18. Coyote gen2, T-56, 2015 IRS 3.31, 17" Halibrand replicas w/Nitto NT555 G2, Withby Motorcars power brake kit W/Wilwood pedals, 04 Cobra front brakes, 15 Mustang rear brakes with mods, power steering. Paint Jeff Miller Da Bat, Lexus Spectra Blue Mica W/Toyota Silver Sky Metallic strips. Build thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...Paul2STL-Build

2. Likes Straversi, RR20AC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great. I love the color combo

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Looking good Paul. Nice upgrades. We need to go for a drive soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    We sure do hopefully we can get some good weather again soon.
    MKIV #9122 Ordered kit 5/24/17 received kit 8/11/17 MK4 Base kit +,First Start 4/7/18, First Go-Cart 4/22/18, In gelcoat, licensed and driving 8/11/18. Coyote gen2, T-56, 2015 IRS 3.31, 17" Halibrand replicas w/Nitto NT555 G2, Withby Motorcars power brake kit W/Wilwood pedals, 04 Cobra front brakes, 15 Mustang rear brakes with mods, power steering. Paint Jeff Miller Da Bat, Lexus Spectra Blue Mica W/Toyota Silver Sky Metallic strips. Build thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...Paul2STL-Build