FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Registration for the 2020 Texas Cobra Club Spring Meet is now open!

Post Thanks / Like

Registration for the 2020 Texas Cobra Club Spring Meet is now open!

Registration for the 2020 Texas Cobra Club Spring Meet is now open!

The dates are April 1-5 in San Marcos at the Embassy Suites.

Go to www.texascobraclub.org then click on the events tabs to start your registration process.

Many of the details are still pending. Our guest speaker this year is Dave Friedman, Photographer for Shelby American 1962-65.

I will post more details as soon as they are available.
    Steve
    Texas Cobra Club-Austin
    July 2009 FFCars Picture of the Month
    FFR3542K, 347 C.I., EFI, T-5, 3-Link, Miata Front Sway Bar, Red with White Stripes

2. Likes Rounder, Aircontroller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I'm in Steve! Just signed up and reserved hotel. Looking forward to it!!!

Thx,

Henry

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m all set! Another EPIC Cobra drive from Chicago! I love those roads!!
    FFR 5136 Started as a donor...donor guages, engine, trans,etc. Now...TFS street intake,stage 1 cam, GT40p's,24# injectors and 80mm MAF,70mm TB,Z-spec t-5, and PSE Halibrand wrapped with Nitto 555 G2’s. My ever evolving dream car!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Bummed that I'm going to be in Hawaii that entire time. Also, pumped that I'm going to be in Hawaii that entire time. Maybe 2021.
    MKIV Complete Kit: 3-link, vintage gauges, glove-box dash, chrome roll bars, 17" wheels, B/T leather seats, Gas-N side pipes and headers; Drive train: Levy 408w w/carb, TKO600, Moser 8.8 with 3.55s and GT rear brakes; Paint: Jeff Miller Ford Magnetic Grey Metallic with BMW Titan Silver stripes
    Ordered: 4/5/16, Order completion: 5/14/16, Delivered: 5/24/16, First start: 6/22/19, Registered and legal: 10/28/19

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine is finally done, guess this is the year I join you guys!
    Last edited by skidd; 11-11-2019 at 11:44 AM.

7. Likes seagull81 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Registration numbers as of: 12.20.19

Number of days to go: 103

Number of attendees and guests: 109

Number of cars: 55

Number of States Represented: 8

Number of Banquet Ticket sold: 83

Track Day Participants: TBD
    Steve
    Texas Cobra Club-Austin
    FFR3542K, 347 C.I., EFI, T-5, 3-Link, Miata Front Sway Bar, Red with White Stripes

9. Likes Aircontroller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Things are really starting to ramp up for the 2020 Texas Cobra Club Spring Meet. Some of the activities are still pending but a fully updated agenda will be announced as soon as the bigger activities are confirmed.

Registration for the event and the hotel can be found at www.texascobraclub.org/events

Here is the event by the numbers:

Days to Go: 92
    Drivers and Guest: 119
    Cars Registered: 61
    States Represented: 10
    Banquet Tickets Sold: 91

As mentioned in earlier posts, Dave Friedman, is our guest speaker this year. He was the staff photographer for Shelby American from 1962-65. All of those famous black and white photos of the early days of the Cobra, GT-40, Daytona, and GT-350 Mustang were Dave’s work. Dave will not be bringing any items to sell but he will gladly autograph any books or photos you bring with you to the TCC Banquet. There are several really nice books, authored by Dave, availability on Amazon. You can also find item at https://davefriedmanarchive.com.
    Steve
    Texas Cobra Club-Austin

Post Thanks / Like
    Attention all Cobra-Lovin’ Dudes and Dudettes!
    We are only 69 days away for the beginning of the 21st Annual Texas Cobra Club Spring Meet in San Marcos, Texas. We still have plenty of hotel rooms in our room block at the Embassy Suites Hotel and at the Holiday Inn Express. Our guest speaker at the Saturday Night Banquet this year will be Dave Friedman, staff photographer for Shelby American from 1962-65.
    Dave will not have merchandise for sales at the event but will gladly sign any book, photo, or memorabilia you may have. Tickets for the Saturday Night Banquet are available via our website. You can find the link below.
    Here are the numbers for the Meet as of 01.23.2020:
    152 Drivers and Guests
    77 Cars Registered
    69 days to go
    118 Banquet Tickets Sold
    12 States Represented
    Event T-shirts are now on sales. Please place your order before February 24th. We will only have a few extra printed so please get your orders in as soon as possible.
    www.texascobraclub.org
    www.texascobrameet.com/event-tee-shirts-orders
    Thanks for your attention and now back to your regularly scheduled program.
    Steve
    Texas Cobra Club-Austin

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m all set and can hardly wait!
    FFR 5136 Started as a donor...donor guages, engine, trans,etc. Now...TFS street intake,stage 1 cam, GT40p's,24# injectors and 80mm MAF,70mm TB,Z-spec t-5, and PSE Halibrand wrapped with Nitto 555 G2’s. My ever evolving dream car!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Texas Cobra Club Spring Meet 2020 Update 02.14.2020

Here are some important dates and deadlines:

March 02 – Our room-block deadline at the Embassy Suites. Please call Ken Walker (512-557-3694) if you have a reservation and need to cancel for any reason. We are locked in to a certain number of room-nights at the Embassy. I have created waiting list for un-used rooms.

March 18 – Our room-block deadline at the Holiday Inn Express.

March 29 – Online Registration ends at 6pm. Banquet tickets must be prepaid during your online registration. No tickets will be sold onsite.

The latest registration numbers as of 02.14.2020:

50 Days to go

194 Drivers and Guests

95 Cars registered

142 Banquet tickets sold

15 States represented

The agenda is being updated almost daily with activities and other details.

Thanks
    Steve
    Texas Cobra Club-Austin

Post Thanks / Like
    DEADLINE for ORDERING TCC SPRING MEET T-SHIRTS is the MONDAY, FEB 24th at 6pm. We only print the quantity of shirts that are pre-paid through our website.
    http://www.texascobrameet.com/event-tee-shirts-orders/
    Steve
    Texas Cobra Club-Austin

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Hey Hey…Cobra Lovers Far and Wide

Here is the latest update on the Texas Cobra Club Spring Meet 2020:

• 32 days before the fun begins

• 119 Cars are registered

• 229 Drivers and Guests

• 161 Banquet Tickets have been sold

• 16 Different States are representing

Thanks to everyone that has already registered and paid their fees. With about 30 days or so to go, we are on track to have a very nice gathering of folks. Harris Hill Raceway is waiting on their contractor to confirm the start date for resurfacing and draining project. I will up the website and FB as I know more about the track’s availability.

Our guest speaker this year is Dave Friedman. He was the in-house staff photographer for Shelby American from 1962-65. Dave will not be bringing any items to sell but if you bring any photos or books to the Meet, he will gladly sign them. There will be a couple of frame photos of his for the silent auction.

Again, if you need to cancel you hotel reservation at the Embassy Suites please call me before you do so. We have several folks still looking for rooms at the Embassy and I do not want our rooms to be lost in the shuffle.

Thanks to all and I am looking forward to seeing everyone in a few weeks.

See y’all in San Marcos

www.texascobraclub.org
    Steve
    Texas Cobra Club-Austin

Post Thanks / Like
    In light of the Coronavirus situation facing our country both nationally and locally, the leadership group of the Texas Cobra Club Spring Meet has decided to postpone and re-schedule the 2020 Spring Meet until the fall.
    The new dates are Oct 7-11, 2020.
    PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT THE HOTEL ABOUT YOUR RESERVATION YET. WE ARE WORKING ON A ROOM AGREEMENT. MORE DETAILS WILL BE AVAILABLE OVER THE NEXT FEW DAYS.
    This decision was NOT made in haste or without considerable thought but after speaking with the management and staff at the Embassy Suites Hotel, there really was no other choice but to re-schedule to the event to a later date.In the past few days the Embassy Suites has suspended all food services, included their breakfast buffet, all restaurant and catering services, and, most important to our group, the nightly happy hour. During our conversation, they could not even confirm sufficient staffing for our banquet.
    Even though our event is primarily outside, we do rely heavily on the staff and amenities of the hotel to make our Spring Meet enjoyable and unique. By re-scheduling the Meet to the fall, we feel confident that our event will be even more successful.
    I have spoken with several of our members from the Houston area and we will be combining the OktCobra Fest with the Spring Meet for this FALL MEET.
    Please DO NOT contact the hotel just yet. I am working with the hotel over the next few days to figure out the details of the event. Our plan is for you to be able to change your existing reservation to the new fall dates without any change fees.
    In addition, I will also know the status of the banquet by then.I will make another announcement about registration fees and banquet tickets refunds as soon as the hotel details are worked out.
    I have also spoken with Debra Grabowski and how to disseminate the event t-shirts. More details will be forthcoming.
    Sincerely,
    Ken Walker
    Texas Cobra Club
    [email protected]
    Steve
    Texas Cobra Club-Austin

Post Thanks / Like
    UPDATE ON TEXAS COBRA CLUB FALL MEET—PLEASE READ
    The Embassy Suites Hotel in San Marcos is running with an extremely small staff at this time and the finalization of our agreement for the FALL MEET has been delayed for a few more days. Per the request of the hotel, you can cancel your current room reservation with no penalty. If you call the hotel direct you may be put on hold for a very long time due to the limited number of people onsite.
    Instead, please, use your reservation number, go online to cancel your reservation. When I have the room block information in hand, a new link to the hotel reservation page will be established. At that time, you will be able to make a room reservation. The link should be available within a week or so. But for now, you can just cancel your reservation online.
    REPEAT -- AT THIS TIME OUR ROOM BLOCK FOR THE FALL MEET HAS NOT BEEN FINALIZED. There is not a room block, yet, to transfer your reservation.
    REGISTRATION FEES FOR THE FALL MEET AND/OR REFUNDS
    As soon as the details for the Fall Meet are finalized, information about the registration process and fees will go out ASAP.
    · If you paid in full for the Spring Meet and you register for the Fall Meet, we will issue you credit for the Fall Meet.
    · If you request a refund, keep in mind this is a manual process, and it will take a few weeks.
    · If you cannot make the Fall Meet but want to participate in our 2021 Spring Meet, please send me an email to [email protected]. We may be able to issue you a credit to apply to the 2021 Spring Meet.
    T-SHIRT ORDERS
    We will be distributing the t-shirt either in person at local events or they will be mailed out. If you request a refund from the event and had ordered t-shirts, we will deduct the shipping cost from your refund.
    Sorry for the long post, I will keep you up-to-date as soon as I know anything new.
    Ken Walker
    Steve
    Texas Cobra Club-Austin