BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Let There be Light!

Post Thanks / Like

Let There be Light!

My aging eyes make night driving difficult. I built my roadster using the standard 7" sealed beam headlights. I was very unhappy the way they lit the road. Range was limited and peripheral lighting was non-existent. I am very much used to the more modern lighting system on my daily driver. I tried upgrading to a Hella lens with Silverstar HB2 bulbs. An improvement but still not what I wanted. I read a thread that talked about an LED upgrade using a kit from Breeze Automotive (https://www.breezeautomotive.com/sho...-lighting-kit/). Since I already had the Hella lens and was not upgrading the running, brake and turn signal lights I only needed the LED headlights. Worked with Mark at Breeze and purchased only the headlights. I installed them a couple of weeks ago. Wow! The improvement was outstanding. Much brighter, range of vision much further, road and highway signs clearly visible for a long distance and peripheral vision much improved. With this kit I was able to retain the old school look of the headlights but achieve the results of modern technology. I highly recommend this product. Very easy to install and results are great.
    Mk4 Roadster, Picked up complete kit 8/22/14. Most FFR options except Wilwood brakes and IRS. First start 11/11/14. Go-kart 3/8/15. 347 Stroker, TKO 500, 3-link/3.27 rear. PA street legal 7/29/15.

2. Likes FF33rod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JIMOCO View Post
    My aging eyes make night driving difficult. I built my roadster using the standard 7" sealed beam headlights. I was very unhappy the way they lit the road. Range was limited and peripheral lighting was non-existent. I am very much used to the more modern lighting system on my daily driver. I tried upgrading to a Hella lens with Silverstar HB2 bulbs. An improvement but still not what I wanted. I read a thread that talked about an LED upgrade using a kit from Breeze Automotive (https://www.breezeautomotive.com/sho...-lighting-kit/). Since I already had the Hella lens and was not upgrading the running, brake and turn signal lights I only needed the LED headlights. Worked with Mark at Breeze and purchased only the headlights. I installed them a couple of weeks ago. Wow! The improvement was outstanding. Much brighter, range of vision much further, road and highway signs clearly visible for a long distance and peripheral vision much improved. With this kit I was able to retain the old school look of the headlights but achieve the results of modern technology. I highly recommend this product. Very easy to install and results are great.
    Do these support low and high beam operation?
    F5R #7841: Anniversary Edition MK4, Ford Racing 427, Edelbrock EFI, Gas-N Pipes, Stainless Headers, TKO600, 3.31 Moser 3-Link, 17" Halibrands

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. They use the same three prong connector as the other lights and have high and low beam.
    Mk4 Roadster, Picked up complete kit 8/22/14. Most FFR options except Wilwood brakes and IRS. First start 11/11/14. Go-kart 3/8/15. 347 Stroker, TKO 500, 3-link/3.27 rear. PA street legal 7/29/15.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the Hella reflectors with LEDs . Love them! There’s slot of crap out there though that you need to watch out for! A good source of information is Headlight Revolution on YouTube. I learned plenty there!
    FFR 5136 Started as a donor...donor guages, engine, trans,etc. Now...TFS street intake,stage 1 cam, GT40p's,24# injectors and 80mm MAF,70mm TB,Z-spec t-5, and PSE Halibrand wrapped with Nitto 555 G2’s. My ever evolving dream car!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone have a "best to use" bulb recommendation for standard socket replacement without making changes to the RF harness. Have Lucas Blue Shield Tri-Bar replica lights with original style incandescent bulbs.

Don't want to change the harness for top tier lights. Very limited night driving maybe a few hundred miles since registered.
    Kevin
    MKIV #8234
    Coyote '14/TKO-600/3-Link 3:55 Rear
    I love the smell of 100 octane in the morning.
    NITTO NT01 275X40X17ZR - 315X35ZRX17
    Delivered 2/7/14 - Plate "COYOTE NC1965" 3/25/15

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Kevin, I have the RF harness with the system I noted above. The only mods are replacing the lens. It attaches the same as the sealed beam. Enlarge the side hole in the bucket to pass through a larger wire and grommet. Drill two small holes and zip tie the transformer to the bucket and reinstall. The RF three prong connector connects directly to the transformer. It took me about an hour to make the switch. My only unknown at this point is the life expectancy of the LEDs. Time will tell but not until next spring.

8. Thanks BEAR-AvHistory thanked for this post