Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Torque Spec for Motor Mount Bolts

Post Thanks / Like

Torque Spec for Motor Mount Bolts

I'm preparing to drop the engine in this weekend. Here'e my question: what torque spec should I use on the bolts that hold the motor mounts to the block? I talked to Energy Suspension tech support and they said consult the factory service manual. The factory service manual for a Mustang I found says "tighten snuggly." The ES tech guy did say that it would probably be something around 40 ft-lbs, and to make sure to use anti-seize. Does 40 ft-lbs with anti-seize sound like a good plan for this?

Post Thanks / Like
    I made myself a list of torque specs that I printed out and keep in my garage, including the sequence for my intake manifold. It is good for general maintenance and doing a yearly nut and bolt.

Here is the engine / transmission mount section.

Engine/Transmission Mounts
    Transmission Mounts (Tranny to mount) 50-70
    Transmission mount (Mount to frame) 25-35
    Engine mount (Engine to mount) 35-60
    Engine mount (Mount to frame) 50-105
    Driveshaft bolts 70-95

I would do 50 with anti-seize.

3. Thanks ydousurf thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've got the same values as Avalanche. However, according to this chart http://www.repairengineering.com/bolt-torque-chart.html using anti-seize means you should reduce the dry torque value 20%. That means your engine to mount torque spec is 28-48 ft-lbs using anti-seize.

John
    MK IV Roadster #8631
    Ford 302, Holley Terminator EFI, T5z, 3.55 Rear End, IRS, 17” Halibrand Replicas (9” front, 10.5” rear), Nitto 555 G2’s (275/40ZR17 front, 315/35ZR17 rear), Fast Freddie’s Power Steering, F5 Wilwood Brakes, FFMetal’s Firewall Forward, Forte’s Hydraulic Clutch & Throttle Linkage
    https://www.ffcars.com/threads/phile.../#post-4776313

Post Thanks / Like
    That's a steel to iron thread, no need for anti-seize on those. In fact I would recommend against anti-seize on those, aluminum and stainless steel are really the only places needed.