Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Power window allignment problems

Post Thanks / Like

Power window allignment problems

Yesterday I went to trim and fit the door and all the moldings and such for the windows for final before paint. Wanted to make sure all the trimming and alterations were done first. I found that by twisting the door as I had to to make the doors flush on all four corners with cab it moved that large main support toward the middle of the door more. Which in turn forces the window to angle in towards the inside and out of alignment with the window frame.

I'm at a loss as to how to compensate for the door alignment without using the support to twist it. I spoke to FFR about this when originally aligning doors and they said this was the correct fix to get them flush. As well as some input from the Forum.

Has anyone else encountered this? I see on the Forum that everyone is running into the door alignment issue. How did you get the doors flush AND keep windows aligned?

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have the seals in the window opening? They basically keep the window in line up and down. At least that how it works on mine.

Post Thanks / Like
    I do but is binding due to angle about half way up.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can shim the window bracket to maybe get your angle better. Pictures may help in offering a fix.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll post some tomorrow. Had to walk away from it for a day....Sometimes that clears my head and solutions pop up next time I look at it.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    My windows binded up to a little bit. I kept on trimming the shell and removing the rubber gasket till I got it going smoothly it took me about three or four try’s of removing gaskets and trimming. I ended up with about a 1” opening without the gaskets on. Rob
    FFR 35 p/u # 0016 Dart 347 TKO 600

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I couldn't stand it and went back out to see what I could do. After Rob saying he was at about an inch I looked to see where I was at. Turns out I was good on most but opened up a little more but the bottom sill was sticking in way to much and causing the bind. Opened that up another 1/4" and works good. Thanks guys

Post Thanks / Like
    Super!