Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 35 truck door alignment issues.

Post Thanks / Like

35 truck door alignment issues.

Hello All,

I am getting frustrated with my drivers door alignment. I can get the door to fit nice when closed if I push up right at the end. When it opens it droops down about a half inch to .750". The passenger door closes and lock but it sticks out about half an inch on the bottom when it is shut. The hood is on trying to get it adjusted to fit correctly and not bind when opening and closing. Ready to get past the doors. They are a pain. Any ideas?

Zach

IMG_20191030_154959077.jpgIMG_20191029_163429214.jpgIMG_20191030_160243775.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Zach its hard to say without seeing how you have everything positioned right now. On the door dropping you will obviously need to raise the rear of the door by ether moving top hinge in toward front or bottom hinge out toward rear or combination of both. On getting the bottom of the other door in flush with body. I loosened all the screws on the jam side and the two big screws that hold the door frame together and had my daughter twist the door top out and bottom in and re tightened everything. The bottom screw in the jam dose have a little adjustment but mine was so far out I had to re drill another hole to hold it in far enough.

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had to make the slots longer on the frame so I had enough adjustment for my doors. IMO they are the hardest part of the 35 build.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Bruce. I will be working on it today. I might need to call you

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you. I wish the doors were like the new 1969 Camaro bodies, doors prehung and gaps done

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sperger72 View Post
    Thank you. I wish the doors were like the new 1969 Camaro bodies, doors prehung and gaps done
    I hear you, LOL. Nothing OEM about a kit car. It is worth the struggle once you are done, IMO. Keep up the good work!

Post Thanks / Like
    You have my number. Call any time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello All,

I am getting frustrated with my drivers door alignment. I can get the door to fit nice when closed if I push up right at the end. When it opens it droops down about a half inch to .750". The passenger door closes and lock but it sticks out about half an inch on the bottom when it is shut. The hood is on trying to get it adjusted to fit correctly and not bind when opening and closing. Ready to get past the doors. They are a pain. Any ideas?

Zach

IMG_20191030_154959077.jpgIMG_20191029_163429214.jpgIMG_20191030_160243775.jpg
    Hey Zach, not sure how the Truck door pins/hinge compares to the 33 Hot Rod door, however if it uses the same pin system in the doors then it may be that the washer that they use is not slipped onto the body (or smooth part) of the pin (It sometimes is a game to get it to slip over it while tightening the nut). This will allow the pin to slip as you are now tightening the nut onto the washer which binds/butts up to the shoulder of the threaded portion of the pin. Good luck!
    20180526_111244.jpg
    Black & Copper #1028 ("The Mistress" according to my wife! )
    Brought home: Nov. 2017, GoKart: May 2018, will be Plated & on the Road April 2020
    Andreas

Post Thanks / Like
    How did you come out? Make any headway?

Post Thanks / Like
    Truck and 33 are totally different door set ups.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bruce,

The doors are on and mostly gapped. Still a little off on the top but need to get window motors and extra weight in to see what happens then. Shoulder surgery Wednesday so will be down for awhile.

Zach