Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: engine bay fuel, A/C lines question

Post Thanks / Like

engine bay fuel, A/C lines question

I would like to consider braided stainless lines to replace supplied rubber hoses and would appreciate being pointed in the right direction for a solution. Either DIY or a professional, don't care which, just want it right

(Can it be done "right" as DIY project by someone with no prior experience?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Fuel line is fairly easy. Look through any of the aftermarket catalogs and you'll find a variety fittings, hose ends, and hose to accomplish your goals. The big trick is to make sure your hose ends and hoses all match. The hose ends need to be for the hose you're using, and all come from the same manufacturer. The fittings are a little less picky.

If you need specifics and how-to's, go directly to the manufacturers catalog page.

A/C are a little more specialized, so you might not find them in every catalog. Look for them in street rod catalogs like Speedway Motors. Again, make sure everything matches.
    https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Gotta...it,233948.html
    .boB "Iron Man"
    NASA Rocky Mountain, TTU #42, HPDE Instructor
    BDR 1642: Coyote, 6 Speed Auto, Edelbrock Supercharger
    Member: www.MileHiCobraClub.com
    www.RacingTheExocet.com

3. Thanks VIRGIN MIKE thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Mike, I'm in PSL, a little north of you.

On my Cobra and now the Truck, I used a coil of aluminum fuel line which is very easy to bend. And terminated with AN fittings. If going this route be sure to use line that is pressure rated for fuel injection. Got it from Summit

For the AC lines, I used the supplied rubber hoses but had to buy a few extra fittings (I'm running an LS motor). I cut everything to size, then tool them to NAPA to get crimped.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the good info guys, right now I am mocking up with what I have before making a decision. Thought I had the fuel line figured out then realized it would prevent proper location of the water tank never mind the HVAC plumbing; and the starter and alt wiring.

- is there any reason those wires can't route under the firewall (with the trans) rather than a hole in the firewall?
    IMG_1396.jpg It kills me to poke holes in my stainless firewall, were I smarter I would have built out the bay with the supplied aluminum wall them swapped in the stainless one after all of my mistakes had been resolved

Post Thanks / Like
    The only wires I ran thru my FW were from the HVAC to the heater control. I ran them out right next to the heater and AC lines. All other wires went out thru the tunnel. And I probably could have ran the HVAC wires out underneath too.

7. Thanks VIRGIN MIKE thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks again DY, I like the aluminum tube idea, less mass, the cleaner the look IMO.