Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Gen2 Performance Pack C500 PCM B+...whats this for?

Post Thanks / Like

Gen2 Performance Pack C500 PCM B+...whats this for?

I'm having a hard time understanding what to do with this cable. First, my harness does not have the cable and connector as shown in the Ford instructions. Second, I don't see anything in the FFR instructions about connecting this? Please see attached picture of what my harness looks like. I have a 8 gage black wire with no end and another 8 gage cable with a crimped eyelet. Its not ground "E" as this is located farther down the main trunk. Any help would be much appreciated.

I also don't have harness X and Y. The Ford instructions seem to combine B and Y to form W.

It seems I just need to run one 8gauge cable from the PDB stud (C) to the megafuse and also place the 8 gauge black cable on the megafuse. Any advice would be appreciated.

PDB.JPG

pdb2.JPG
    Last edited by Brian76; 10-25-2019 at 10:12 PM.
    MK IV Roadster-Delivered Nov '18
    Complete Kit, Gen2 Coyote, TKO 600, 2015 IRS, FFR brakes, FFR power steering, Full length headers

Post Thanks / Like
    Never attach anything black to anything red. I just did this same install and I grounded both of those black wires. You need to run a heavy gauge wire from the starter to the large fuse junction and from the other side of the fuse to the stud on the relay box. If I remember correctly I only hooked up about 4 more wires to get the thing to run.
    Orange to cooling fan positive
    Large red wire from alternator to the large fuse
    from the 16 way pigtail connector cavity three light blue wire was connected to the ignition side of the key.

I used the stand alone starting system built in to the FFR supplied harness.
    I think that's it. I actually eliminated the 16 way pigtail since mots wires weren't being used.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by michael everson View Post
    Never attach anything black to anything red. I just did this same install and I grounded both of those black wires. You need to run a heavy gauge wire from the starter to the large fuse junction and from the other side of the fuse to the stud on the relay box. If I remember correctly I only hooked up about 4 more wires to get the thing to run.
    Orange to cooling fan positive
    Large red wire from alternator to the large fuse
    from the 16 way pigtail connector cavity three light blue wire was connected to the ignition side of the key.

I used the stand alone starting system built in to the FFR supplied harness.
    I think that's it. I actually eliminated the 16 way pigtail since mots wires weren't being used.

Mike
    Yes, that's exactly why I'm confused. It looks like a ground wire! But the Ford instructions claim that C500 needs to be powered. Plus there is already a ground wire about 12 inches away from C500. Its wire "E" or GD200 in the ford instructions.

I hadn't thought about eliminating the 16 way. I have not gotten to the 16way wiring yet, but assumed I needed it to control the fuel pump (Green Ford wire to tan RF jumper)
    Complete Kit, Gen2 Coyote, TKO 600, 2015 IRS, FFR brakes, FFR power steering, Full length headers

Post Thanks / Like
    You can control the fuel pump through the FFR harness.
    Maybe I am wrong on the one with the lug. Is there any wires currently on the stud at the relay box?
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    The PDM has a stud but no wires coming off of the stud from Ford. I was only planning to route a 4awg cable from the megafuse to the PDM stud.

Post Thanks / Like
    pretty sure now that the lugged terminal goes to the stud on the relay box. I will check mine in a bit.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    You are correct Mike. Paul also pointed out that I had outdated ford performance instructions!
    https://performanceparts.ford.com/do...-6017-504V.pdf

These instructions match the harness I have
    Captureb.JPG

It clearly shows a black cable coming off the main harness attaching to the PDM stud. It also confirms it in the written instructions.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Brian76; 10-28-2019 at 10:45 AM.